Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 54

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    How is your Mom doing?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    How is your Mom doing?
    She's better today, the swelling is down although the redness is still very apparent. She was telling me earlier that her skin is itching and she is having to fight not scratching. I did a lot of reading on cellulitis and the various ways that it can occur. She has high BP, and is on several meds for that, but no Lasix, despite the edema that occurs too often.
    Her doctor took her off that one because she became very dehydrated (and went into the hospital last year for that ).... my Mom rarely drinks any water. I've tried for years to get her to at least drink one glass a day, and that seldom happens. So, all too often, because she has become very, very sedentary - she has edema.
    Although she has seen the differences with me as far as eating paleo/primal, she refuses to give up breads, cereals, crackers, sweets (candy, cookies, ice cream) ... and relies on too many prepared and fast foods now. She didn't cook like that when I was growing up, but after my Dad passed away, she really became dependent on things like burgers and waffle fries, with an occasional grilled chicken salad from the burger place. She labeled herself "borderline" diabetic, because the Doc hasn't declared her a "full" diabetic (yet).

I have to say, I am pretty frustrated. She will be 86 in about two weeks and is quite stubborn. My son and I do take meals to her, but most of the time she eats a few bites, it goes into the frig and then sets there for weeks, while she eats SAD things. I remember my grandmother (her mom) doing the same thing after my grandfather passed away. She ate cereal for breakfast and dinner, and bypassed 90% of the healthy veggies and venison that they always had on the table.

Ok, rant over ...
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Day 56 and counting

Light rain this morning before I dragged out of bed ... relaxing enough that I slept in another thirty. Coffee is hot, super strong and straight. Laundry going, dog snoring and I'm debating painting or working on jewelry or both. Had an invite to head to the coast for the weekend with a friend who is doing an art show there, but I didn't get the message in time. Sigh ... would have been nice to get away for a while and regroup.
    Currently weighing the odds, obstacles and fees on several online sites to promote some of my work. Realization hit hard again with one of the last recent sales when I figured in my time/supply costs/etc. - let's just say, not a good thing ....

Trying to wrap my head around the feeling and energy that I had when I first started the Whole30 ... physical energy was incredible, but there was also the fact that my work picked up immediately with orders.
    Sonsabitches I detest even looking at the down side of things.

~57~
    Quite cool here this morning, coffee was even better as a result. Scrambled eggs with onion and a little ground for the breakfast.
    My son came in a made a dish with ground turkey, tasted it before he added in his rice and beans. Turkey was good in romaine leaves.
    Dinner tonight will be a BAS with ground, avocado and lime.

Spending the day in the studio, finished a couple of new bracelets last night, today I am working on some metal pieces, possibly some bone.

Started the day walking with the dog ... quite chilly, but sunny. Coffee, boiled eggs and a second, shorter walk with the dog.
    Medium "BAS" for lunch, likely the same for dinner.
    Doing a debate over making coffee now, hitting wall tired. Painted until 2:15 in the morning and need to finish up another piece before bedtime tonight. Yawning and wishing I was sleeping in the recliner, especially hearing the dog snoring in the living room.
    Sigh ... going to make coffee.

Wow ... 37 degrees when I got up this morning, just days after highs of 80-84.
    Coffee, eggs with onions and turkey.
    Into the studio ... two fourteen hour days, hopefully I will finish these pieces today in under four.
    No clue on lunch/dinner ...

60-61-62
    So much for getting my dailies in ...
    Son called me at 3:30 AM-ish yesterday, he hit a deer on his way to work. He's fine, but the deer and his car are totaled. I drank copious amounts of coffee, remember a boiled egg, and then finally had a BAS for dinner and a handful of grapes.
    So, today is much calmer - coffee, eggs with onions and spinach. Lunch/dinner will be a stir fry of acorn squash, ground, onions, and whatever veggies are left in the frig.

Going with him tomorrow to look for a new car .... working through soreness today from four straight days of severe muscle cramps in my legs and feet. I HAVE to get some supplements again, this is not working for me.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    So...venison?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I am surprised he doesn't have sore muscles from the impact. My hubby was in an accident, thought he was fine. After seeing an MD went to a chiropractor who discovered that knobs on his vertebrae were knocked off in the collision. Might get him checked out to be sure. Chiro was the only one who did x-rays.

Too bad the deer didn't stick around to be dinner.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    So...venison?
    Never found the deer ... he said when it hit, it literally flew into the air and over the top of his car. I have no doubt that it is dead now, it was a hard impact (he had slowed to 55-60mph) ... there was hair and skin and excrement all over the place.
    I've shot and wounded them before, where the adrenalin would kick in and they would run and run ... and cover several miles before dropping dead from bleeding out.

There are fields on both sides of the hwy as well as the toll road (heading into Austin). The Deputies as well as the tollway guy all went into the median areas on both sides of the northbound toll side with flashlights and they didn't find anything.
    It's a shame, I know some of the meat would have been salvageable.

Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast