Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 50

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Definitely seeing a difference in things now ... rings are sliding around on my finger, have to keep pulling up my pants and my face is most definitely thinner. And despite the fact that I was painting until 2am last night, I slept like a rock and I am totally rested. And only one cup of plain coffee too !
    Loving the 30 .... not going back !
    So awesome!!

Makes me want to hop on board! I don't know if I'll be doing the Whole 30 but I do need to find out why I am always bloated. Starting with dairy, working out from there.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Day 23
    Feeling good ... except for my neck. Adjustment did not hold the way it usually does, and my neck feels like crap.

B - scrambled eggs with ground, onions and plain black coffee

Have some pork to slow roast today for Crispy Carnitas, but I have to run by the store for fresh onions and limes and more romaine. My re-growing project with the romaine is working, but right now the largest one is only about 3.5 inches high.

Still too full from b to even think about lunch, but I am looking forward to the carnitas later tonight ![/QUOTE]
    Didn't get the carnitas in to cook as early as I planned, but they will be yummy tomorrow ! Subbed in a BAS with a little bacon, and the leftover squash... different, but actually pretty tasty !
    Didn't feel hungry enough for lunch, so IF was it until about 7:45 pm ... all good though.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    So awesome!!

Makes me want to hop on board! I don't know if I'll be doing the Whole 30 but I do need to find out why I am always bloated. Starting with dairy, working out from there.
    When I made the decision to do this, I hadn't eaten any corn in a while - back in late November / early December, I used up the last of the clean stone ground cornmeal and made a batch of hot water cornbread. But that and stevia were my only changes to make to stick with the 30.
    I honestly did not think that eliminating the stevia was going to make any difference in any way .... WAS I EVER WRONG on that !!!
    The constant racing to the bathroom every time I ate STOPPED ... daily issues before : the slightly nauseated feeling, the cramping, the chronic "runs", the puffiness around my eyes, the constant itching ... all GONE, and I was very aware of it by day 2, certain of it by day 3.
    My entire out look on everything changed by day 2 ... it's hard to describe it, but everything just shifted for me. I am still just stunned and amazed by it all.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Wow sounds like you are having awesome results so far on your whole 30

Day 24 ... the Crispy Carnitas are smelling soooooo good ! Should be ready for a middle of the afternoon meal, have the limes ready !

B - scrambled eggs with onions, slices of avocado and coffee
    Plan to IF until late in the day, then have a yummy meal of carnitas, chopped onion and red cabbage, lime all rolled into some romaine leaves
    Cleaning the kitchen this morning, then headed into the studio for a while !

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Wow sounds like you are having awesome results so far on your whole 30
    And I am seeing / feeling results every day now.

Day 25 of 30 of from now on !

Finishing up my cup of coffee ...
    B - boiled eggs with romaine and onions and slices of avocado, drizzled with a little olive oil. Yumm
    L/D - everything ready for a BAS with some carnitas on top ... may or may not do a "lunch" meal, likely opting for an early dinner thing, with a small grapefruit this afternoon if I get the munchies

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I absolutely love that you were able to get rid of what has been causing you issues.

Way to go, lady!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I absolutely love that you were able to get rid of what has been causing you issues.

Way to go, lady!
    It's certainly taken long enough ... I honestly thought that I was doing everything right when I started my journey back to Paleo / Primal back in 2010. I was tracking it all, and yeah, getting pretty frustrated at times with the lack of changes, especially when I would read of the amazing transformations on here.

I pushed harder on the weights, and yes, I saw changes in strength there. I well remember how difficult it was on the leg press when I first started back at the gym in the spring of 09, when the trainer put two 45 plates on there and told me to do ten reps. I barely managed 3 .... and a year and a half after that, I was pushing 530 lbs. on the press for 20 reps and not breaking a sweat. Yet ... the weight loss still eluded me.

I hoped that sooner or later I would figure this all out, get the meals tweaked just enough that I would start seeing and feeling the progress. For me, it just came a little later ... but, the bottom line is, I am persistent and giving up was not going to happen.
    I haven't "given up" things like wheat, corn, dairy, nightshades, stevia, sugars of any kind, fast foods, processed foods or any of the many allergen reactive foods I have ... no, I haven't given them up.
    I ELIMINATED them from my life because they don't serve my purpose and goals of a healthy active lifestyle.
    Even the occasional healthy protein shake and the pre-workout drink (both made with stevia) that did increase my energy were in all actuality obstacles that were preventing me from burning the extra fat and preventing me from having the natural energy that I can have, simply with eating super clean and changing my workouts.
    I'm not caught up in the worry of how long it will take me to get from here to my goal, I am just enjoying the hell outta the journey to it .... and that in itself is pretty damn exciting !

Day 26
    Skipped the grapefruit yesterday and opted for a tiny little orange my son brought to me ... basically a two-bite treat !
    Meals today
    B - small omelet - onions, a little ground, avocado slices on the side
    L plans ... cucumber and onion salad with a little pickled cauliflower, chicken
    D - BAS with carnita meat, possibly some baked squash ...

Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast