Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 49

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Day 18 ... damn, damn, damn .... couldn't get an appt. today with the bone cruncher. Have to get my neck and shoulder put back in place soon !

But other than that, I am feeling pretty sweet ! My legs are sore, but then again, I did run yesterday. Short sprints, and shhhh, it was in Lowes. Nothing like pushing a cart, while running sprints in your favorite hardware/lumberyard !
    B- scrambled eggs, leftover butternut squash and onions
    L - chicken and red cabbage rolled into romaine leaves
    D - BAS with ground, onions, radish, avocado, lots of lime and some olive oil. Yummmmm !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

julesy is offline Junior Member
    Hi Orrenhawk! I know I should know this from somewhere - is there maybe a list I saw on the forum? But what does BAS stand for? Also any sauce of any kind on the chicken and red cabbage romaine leaf lunch? Dressing? Wish I could have eggs, but trying to cut down inflammation and was told to not eat eggs for a while. Paleo would be easier with eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Today is Day 13 ... and my amazement continues ! I've been Paleo/Primal since spring of 2010, with very minimal lapses, yet I was not seeing or feeling any true changes. I half-azzed it through a Whole9, yet even after buying "It Starts With Food" as soon as it came out, reading it, making notes everywhere, I kept putting it off.
    With a large list of allergy/high reactive foods, I was already off of most everything anyway, including a large number of things that are allowable in the Whole30. It was difficult for me to understand how eliminating less than a handful of things could really make a difference for me. It's been a mental struggle for me to figure out WHY I had not lost ANY weight since eliminating all the SAD and allergen foods.

I honestly don't know why I was so hesitant on giving up the stevia. The old rationale of "plant-based" sweetener on occasion came to a screeching halt around re-read # 3 of the book. I had an inner debate going on for a while with stevia. How could a few packets make that much difference when I have eliminated so much already ? It was normally no more than 2-3 packets a day, if that. Obviously for me, it was 2-3 packets too many !

I was not expecting to see or feel monumental reactions. I didn't even have that when I eliminated all of the allergen foods or when I returned to eating Paleo. However, around Day 2 or 3, something shifted for me. It's difficult to describe, how something could be so seemingly subtle, yet powerful enough it alters everything ! I certainly wasn't expecting how it changed my work, my perspective, my thoughts and ideas ... and yet it has. I am getting more orders, so my work has changed, my strength in my workouts has increased, clarity, energy, as well as my connection to who I am. The work part is one of the bigger things that has absolutely blown me away ... after months of only sporadic work, the orders have started rolling in regularly and it all started when I started the Whole30.

My scales remain in the back of the closet, now carefully guarded by a herd of dust bunnies, but I can feel the difference in my body. It's changing, I'm changing. Looking forward to Day 30, I can't perceive adding in anything. Most of the options are not options for me and frankly, I don't want to lose this momentum, it's just too good.
    What's the whole30???? I'm really sick of feeling sick and tired and not clear-headed!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    BAS = Big @$$ Salad

Whole30 = squeaky clean paleo for 30 days. Look here: Our philosophy, program and community | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    BAS = Big @$$ Salad

Whole30 = squeaky clean paleo for 30 days. Look here: Our philosophy, program and community | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    Thanks! It's a little overwhelming going through everything to figure out all these abbreviations, etc.

Days 19 to 21
    Oh my lard .... how did I miss posting again ?
    Pays off to be eating the same things over and over LOL
    19 - scrambled eggs, onions, bacon
    L- BAS with ground
    D - squash, cauliflower with onions, ground

Day 20
    B- boiled eggs, sliced with onions, lime, rolled into romaine
    IF until about 4 ...
    D - red cabbage, onions, lime, baked chicky

Day 21
    B - scrambled eggs, chives, onions, coffee [plain ]
    IF until 4:30
    D - scrambled eggs with ground pork sausage [homemade] and a smaller BAS

Quote Originally Posted by julesy View Post
    Hi Orrenhawk! I know I should know this from somewhere - is there maybe a list I saw on the forum? But what does BAS stand for? Also any sauce of any kind on the chicken and red cabbage romaine leaf lunch? Dressing? Wish I could have eggs, but trying to cut down inflammation and was told to not eat eggs for a while. Paleo would be easier with eggs!
    No sauce, no dressings ... there are primal ones that you can make, but I don't do anything other than fresh lime and occasionally a little olive oil on the salads or in the romaine leaf roll ups. The chicken was baked with a little olive oil, so it wasn't dry .... and there was all the lime on it too. I love the limes ....

Definitely seeing a difference in things now ... rings are sliding around on my finger, have to keep pulling up my pants and my face is most definitely thinner. And despite the fact that I was painting until 2am last night, I slept like a rock and I am totally rested. And only one cup of plain coffee too !
    Loving the 30 .... not going back !

Day 22 ....
    Finally got in to see the chiro, everything was a mess. Still very sore, but at least I'm not hurting to the point of being in attack mode now.
    B - Medium salad, boiled eggs
    L - BAS with ground and avocado, lots of lime, small orange
    D - Some sort of stir fry of the rest of the ground with squash, cauliflower, onions, a little carrot ...

It's been a hungry kind of day today, but I know it's because I didn't have enough fat with breakfast, big mistake on my part !

Day 23
    Feeling good ... except for my neck. Adjustment did not hold the way it usually does, and my neck feels like crap.

B - scrambled eggs with ground, onions and plain black coffee

Have some pork to slow roast today for Crispy Carnitas, but I have to run by the store for fresh onions and limes and more romaine. My re-growing project with the romaine is working, but right now the largest one is only about 3.5 inches high.

Still too full from b to even think about lunch, but I am looking forward to the carnitas later tonight !

Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast