Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 48

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Sore throat remedy in this house is hot tea with rum and honey. Not sure you want to go there but it works every time.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Sore throat remedy in this house is hot tea with rum and honey. Not sure you want to go there but it works every time.
    I had considered it, but I want to stick with the Whole30 and see how things go without any cheats ...
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Day 12 .... wow ... 12 days and NOT a single cheat of any kind ! WOOOOHOOOO ME !

B- eggs, ground, onion and celery
    L- BAS, chopped ... and still took damn near an hour to eat. Throat still feels awful
    D - I want some fruit, but my son came in and devoured the last of the berries. So, at this point, I'm heading the direction
    of scrambled eggs again, easier to get down for now. Wish I had a spaghetti squash .... sigh. Adding it to the list !

Today is Day 13 ... and my amazement continues ! I've been Paleo/Primal since spring of 2010, with very minimal lapses, yet I was not seeing or feeling any true changes. I half-azzed it through a Whole9, yet even after buying "It Starts With Food" as soon as it came out, reading it, making notes everywhere, I kept putting it off.
    With a large list of allergy/high reactive foods, I was already off of most everything anyway, including a large number of things that are allowable in the Whole30. It was difficult for me to understand how eliminating less than a handful of things could really make a difference for me. It's been a mental struggle for me to figure out WHY I had not lost ANY weight since eliminating all the SAD and allergen foods.

I honestly don't know why I was so hesitant on giving up the stevia. The old rationale of "plant-based" sweetener on occasion came to a screeching halt around re-read # 3 of the book. I had an inner debate going on for a while with stevia. How could a few packets make that much difference when I have eliminated so much already ? It was normally no more than 2-3 packets a day, if that. Obviously for me, it was 2-3 packets too many !

I was not expecting to see or feel monumental reactions. I didn't even have that when I eliminated all of the allergen foods or when I returned to eating Paleo. However, around Day 2 or 3, something shifted for me. It's difficult to describe, how something could be so seemingly subtle, yet powerful enough it alters everything ! I certainly wasn't expecting how it changed my work, my perspective, my thoughts and ideas ... and yet it has. I am getting more orders, so my work has changed, my strength in my workouts has increased, clarity, energy, as well as my connection to who I am. The work part is one of the bigger things that has absolutely blown me away ... after months of only sporadic work, the orders have started rolling in regularly and it all started when I started the Whole30.

My scales remain in the back of the closet, now carefully guarded by a herd of dust bunnies, but I can feel the difference in my body. It's changing, I'm changing. Looking forward to Day 30, I can't perceive adding in anything. Most of the options are not options for me and frankly, I don't want to lose this momentum, it's just too good.

Day 13
    B-scrambled eggs, meat, onions
    L-romaine roll-ups, with carnitas, chopped veggies (cucumber, onion, olive, red cabbage) and lots of lime
    D - making smashed cauliflower, to have with burger patties and grilled onions .... yummmmm!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Too many stevia products have maltodextrin which is a sugar. Not saying yours did, but a friend of mine doesn't look beyond the word stevia.

So great that there is so much positive in your life right now!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Too many stevia products have maltodextrin which is a sugar. Not saying yours did, but a friend of mine doesn't look beyond the word stevia.

So great that there is so much positive in your life right now!
    Yeah, one of the ones I used the longest had it in there ... and I didn't realize it for a long time. I had used that one for so long, I never even looked at the box ! Lame huh ... the most recent ones, are pure stevia, but it has been magically transformed into a pretty white powder, so it's difficult for me now to even understand my own logic in even using it ! LOL
    Perhaps something I just simply needed to experience so I could move on past it !

Yeah, I like the positive part a LOT !

Day 14 ...
    Started the day with scrambled eggs and onions, drizzled with olive oil, and the last of the carnitas
    L- ground with onions, zucchini, red cabbage, cucumber slices
    D - BAS with ground and plenty of raw veggies
    Small orange

Realized earlier that I have not had enough water today ... weird for me, but I will pay attention to that tomorrow for sure !

Day 15 ... and 16 !
    Long crazy day for day 15, yet I still maintained a high energy level and did extra pushups too !
    B-boiled eggs, turkey sausage and celery, onions
    L-BAS
    D-BAS with ground, avocado and olives

Day 16
    Strange dreams last night.
    B - omelet with turkey sausage, onions and baby spinach
    L - will be a BAS with ground, avocado, onion, red cabbage, shredded carrot
    D - going to do a stir fry of veggies - broc, cauliflower, carrot, onion, cabbage with a little pork, drizzle it with coconut aminos ... yumm !

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 17 ... already ! Wow .... so, with the exception of some intense neck and shoulder pain (really, really, really need to see the bone cruncher - aka - chiro ) I am feeling pretty damn good.
    B - scrambled eggs, with onions, celery and turkey
    L - gr. meat patty, grilled with bacon on top .... yum ... plain salad
    D - absolutely fracking amazing ... my first attempt with butternut squash. Cut it into small one inch chunks, drizzled it with olive oil, a little sea salt and black pepper and roasted it at 400 for about 25-30 minutes ... then added a few more minutes to let it get all nice browned. OMG, it was unreal !
    This is the closest I have had to a potato in years ..... I am blown away and so happy that there a dish of leftovers for tomorrow !
    Oh, and a BAS with chicken on the side !

Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast