Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 43

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Hey, sexy woman! How did your date go the other night??
    It was ok .... nice guy, but just friends. Good meal, NY Strip and grilled asparagus .... with an unbelievable price tag .... grinning, I had a random thought after he laid down the credit card and a fracking huge tip .... just how much I could have ordered from Wellness Meats with what he just doled out ... LOL !!!
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Have a wonderful birthday, Linda!
    Thank you !!!
    I've been amazed at all the wishes on FB today ... and .... giggling .... my Mom evidently forgot it ! I've talked to her twice today and she hasn't remembered what day it is ..... too funny.

WTF is up with all this "watch this crap" again ???

Long fracking week here .... meals remain on track and basically the same meals daily with a few variations ... BAS or bacon and eggs for Breakfast, BAS or meat and a mix of raw and steamed veggies for Lunch and Dinner.
    Have some ground on cooking now, a blend of beef and buff, plan to have it with a Medium BAS.

My foot has much better now, switched shoes and quit getting on the apparatus from hell (elliptical) ... regardless of the fact that some people claim it doesn't hurt the joints or your knees or whatever, that damned thing was wrecking me. Even my Chiro could tell when I had stayed away from it, everything adjusted easier and there was less out of place ! I'm actually walking without excruciating pain, so that's a really good thing !

Picked up a new client this week for a wedding, so that was pretty awesome ... working on some new gourds, the new submissions to the magazine and have a few song lyrics that I am working on. Now, once they are all sold and the cash is in hand I will be a happy, happy girl ! Still waiting to be paid for some work that I did months and months ago, but I am pretty certain that I will never see that .... needless to say, I learned a lesson that !

My little dog is wearing her little nose out in here smelling of the meat cooking. I guess I will relent and give her a little bit later LOL Off now to consume tasty meat products and oh so happy that I'm not a vegan anymore !

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Did this new wedding client get the updated contract? i'd hate for you to go through all of that again!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Did this new wedding client get the updated contract? i'd hate for you to go through all of that again!
    Oh yeah .... this was just the first consultation, but we covered everything. We'll be meeting again soon to go over the exact counts on the things she wants and also to set up a payment plan for her, as she asked upfront if she could make monthly payments on the bulk of the billing. So once I have the head counts, I will set up a plan for her (including a fee if she skips one) and we'll go from there.
    Her designs are super simple, so it's going to be an easy one to complete and her wedding isn't until April, so she will have time to pay everything off easily ....

Updating things since I haven't been on the 'puter much this past few weeks .... started doing the DDPYoga and absolutely loving it ! My knees have stopped hurting, and my last chiro went easier than it has in years. Getting ready to do a quick workout, shower, then head to the grocery store to get some fresh veggies. Just barely have enough greens for my breakfast salad, with some bacon thrown in to make it happy, happy, happy.

Going to a workshop tomorrow and struggling to come up with ideas for something to take for the "snacky/meal" thing. The last few times I've taken my bacon deviled eggs, but I am not in the mood for eggs right now and need/want something more substantial than showing up with a platter of raw veggies. Sigh .... time to work out, my tummy is grumbling !

Workouts continue to be awesome, I am seeing more flexibility and finally some definition showing up !
    Meals ... suck, they remain clean and primal, but dealing with some issues here and it's making it pretty fracking difficult to do.

Ended up making guacamole for the workshop last weekend, along with some raw cauliflower slices and carrots. Pretty yummy.

Computer has been down and out again .... lovely trojan wars .... but up and running now. Had another stream of muscle cramps over the weekend that had me down and out, but the past few days have been a lot better.
    Workout yesterday was good, meals so-so. I think I am too low on proteins and fats again ....

Ok, this week has just truly sucked. Not one single full workout ... a few short sporadic ones, but not what I am used to.
    Earlier in the week I had a call from my Mom just before 3 AM. She's always been a night owl, but at 83 she needs to start going to bed a lot earlier. She has a bad tendency to fall asleep sitting in her chair at the kitchen table, then she has stress in her neck and shoulders as a result. So, she calls, wakes me from a deep sleep and announces she has fallen and can't get up. (Yeah, I admit that damn commercial ran through my head) ... I throw on clothes, grab my keys and speed through town to her house.

Luckily she is only about 4 minutes away. I'm worrying and stressing over what I may find, walk in the door and she's sitting halfway up and covered in blood. Her shirt was literally soaked in blood. Thankfully she was alert, coherent and after questioning her, I realized that she couldn't get up because she didn't have the strength in her arms to push up. (She has an artificial ball in humerus and doesn't have full use of the arm). After checking everything I was able to get her up and sitting in a chair. She had fallen asleep in the chair, and evidently the chair rotated some, gravity took over and she fell out of the chair and hit the corner of a small table on the upper back of her head.

Drove her to the neighboring town (we have no hospital here) to the ER. CAT scan was fine and she had six staples put in. I watched the ER doc put the staples in, that was pretty cool. Great hospital and staff, but there was a wait for the CAT scan and then various techs to clean up the wound, so I did some of the stretching from DDP .... that helped a lot, because I could tell I had screwed up my back getting her up. Finally got home around 7:15 the next morning, absolutely exhausted and my Mom had so much energy she wouldn't rest at all. Took her to Chiro and we both had adjustments and iced out everything.
    I realized late in the afternoon that I had not eaten, fixed a small salad and some meat .... not a good idea. I guess the stress caught up to me. Finally got to sleep around midnight, but it was a restless night.
    Checked on her first thing the next morning, came back after one of her RN friends stopped by, and I slept most of the day.

Yesterday was low key (yea !) and today so-so. I still feel tired, my stomach's not too overjoyed and I think I need to do a liver /intestinal cleanse. Had a nice breakfast BAS this morning, meat and steamed squash tonight. Planning to go to bed early tonight too.

Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast