Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 40

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Grins ... so far, so good ! Plus it's just hella nice that it's Orannhawk land now instead of Texas ! LOL
    Damn right. Though I will still say bad things about it the next time I spend two days driving across Orannhawk Land. Way too f'ing big!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Damn right. Though I will still say bad things about it the next time I spend two days driving across Orannhawk Land. Way too f'ing big!
    Grinning .... I hear ya on that !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Doctor's appt. yesterday was good ... thyroid is still a little weird, higher readings where it would be more like I was on overdrive and low on the other parts. I did talk to him at length about what I've been learning in regards to my lack of a gall bladder, and liver stress and not digesting foods .... and he was quite surprised that I had not been on digestive enzymes all this time. He apologized to me that he had not caught that. Granted I've only been seeing him for 2 years and I had the GB out in 99 ... he also told me that surgeons rarely bother to tell you about the fact that many GB patients have issues afterwards with digestion and struggle with weight loss, liver stress, etc.
    So he started me on an enzyme that I will take 3 times a day. I took the first one yesterday with my nooner salad .... and there was definitely a difference.

Gotta run ... off for lunch with my guy

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, having more reliable digestion is a good thing when one is on a date

It sounds like you have a good doc, there. They're hard to find!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Had a absolutely WONDERFUL day !
    Happy Happy Happy is an understatement !!!

Lunch was great, the afternoon even better, and evening perfection .... had an early evening because he works tomorrow, and I'm working out in the morning .... grins, my son came in and asked me if I was ever going to quit smiling ..... no, I don't think so !!!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Had a absolutely WONDERFUL day !
    Happy Happy Happy is an understatement !!!

Lunch was great, the afternoon even better, and evening perfection .... had an early evening because he works tomorrow, and I'm working out in the morning .... grins, my son came in and asked me if I was ever going to quit smiling ..... no, I don't think so !!!
    Awesome. Makes me happy to hear this for you.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Awesome. Makes me happy to hear this for you.
    Thank you !
    Makes me very happy !

Workouts this week have been good ..... and this week, my trainer tossed me some MMA gloves, and started me with some basic sparring moves. That ROCKED ! It was a lot of fun !
    He's got a friend who is a boxer/trainer who will be coming in soon and I will get to do some training with him too. Wooooohooooo !

The digestive enzymes are helping a lot, so glad that I started taking them.

My son made dinner for us last night, a lovely pan of roasted cauliflower and another of baked fish (which my little dog absolutely loved, because to me, it was awful !) LOL .... I'm just not really enthusiastic about fish. Crab, that I love, love, love ... but fish is just not among my happy foods.

Meals today ... breakfast BAS
    lunch is debatable, more than likely pushing that off until late
    dinner ... depends on if my man is here tonight ... if he is, I may have him cooking up some chorizo and eggs. grins .....

Ok, workouts for the past two weeks have been strained .... well, actually I have been strained and in pain for the past two weeks. Two weeks ago I had a major muscle cramp/charley horse/oh my fracking lard horrible pain in my leg ... pulled first in the calf, then into the quad .... I was able to partially stand up and got as far as the spinner bike (all of 3 feet away) and had to hold on to that to keep from ending up in the floor .... couldn't stand straight up at all, and the pain was so intense, I had sweat literally pouring off me.
    My son was here thankfully and got my Stop Pain Spray - and some extra calcium and magnesium tabs .... and finally after 15 minutes or so of excruciating pain, it eased up.

I realized that while I was out that day, I had forgotten to take my mini bottles of liquid minerals and although I was staying hydrated, I had only had one glass with the minerals in it. Needless to say that shit won't happen again !

However, I was so sore and the muscles were so tight, it pulled the muscles all the way into my ankle and my foot ... walking has been like stepping down on a railroad spike. Saw my Chiro on Tuesday and he adjusted the ankle, then spent some time working on the calf muscles and making me cry. OMG ... I had no idea they were so fracking tight. But it loosened up the calf and in turn, my foot pain is easing up finally. I've been alternating with PoSumOn (a Chinese oil that I used to use a lot when I was doing massage) and a muscle balm rub that I make (Native herbs, etc.) and today I am walking with minimal pain ... finally.
    I am also using the roller on my calves at night and keeping up with the minerals, and no cramps now for two weeks.

Todays meals ..... BACON .... and more bacon .... ok, I did have a salad with some hemp seeds and radishes, and 6 big-azz eggs, and also more bacon. It was a lovely just roll me up in yummy nitrate free bacon day .... damnit ... there's no bacon for tomorrow. So ... workout in the morning, then go to the store and BUY MORE BACON !!!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Well, bacon is a big step up from excruciating muscle pain. Hasn't anyone ever told you not to step down on railroad spikes?

Glad to hear you are feeling better!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast