Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 35

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If only I were single (kidding)

As for the inches thing...hey, you know this already, but that is what matters. Screw the damn scale. You know better.

For the food OCD - it doesn't sound like an issue as long as you are enjoying your food and getting enough variety for nutrtion. Meat and veg...sounds like a plan. Now, if you are bored with the latest ones you are eating I'd go to the farmer's market or store and poke around until you find a new food fix. Sometimes (for me at least) it is a matter of seeing something that has been out of mind - "Oh, look collards....damn, I like collards. Why have I not been buying them?" etc.
    Yeah, it's that whole not single thing ... sigh ... giggling
    I'm going to check out the farmers market in the morning. Unfortunately around here, they don't seem to get too creative, tomatoes, corn, oh look here's some corn and tomatoes, and some corn relish and tomato jam (what the hell is tomato jam ???)
    I think I need to go over to the other county and see if they are growing anything different. LOL
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Yeah, it's that whole not single thing ... sigh ... giggling
    I'm going to check out the farmers market in the morning. Unfortunately around here, they don't seem to get too creative, tomatoes, corn, oh look here's some corn and tomatoes, and some corn relish and tomato jam (what the hell is tomato jam ???)
    I think I need to go over to the other county and see if they are growing anything different. LOL
    Well, corn and tomato jam are the staples of any healthy way of eating.

That is a sad issue with eating local produce - some places only grow certain things. Our farmer's market consists entirely of tomatoes and lettuce. I can't even get corn. Actually, it is mostly soap, honey, jewelry, and bread. I am not sure why it is called a farmer's market at all.

check out this website: Simply Recipes Food and Cooking Blog

Tons of recipes, many of them are very good, and they are often quick and simple. Not 100% primal but many can be adapted.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Well, corn and tomato jam are the staples of any healthy way of eating.

That is a sad issue with eating local produce - some places only grow certain things. Our farmer's market consists entirely of tomatoes and lettuce. I can't even get corn. Actually, it is mostly soap, honey, jewelry, and bread. I am not sure why it is called a farmer's market at all.

check out this website: Simply Recipes Food and Cooking Blog

Tons of recipes, many of them are very good, and they are often quick and simple. Not 100% primal but many can be adapted.
    The other big thing here is salsa ... and bowls of little wheat and corn crackers and chips to help persuade the customers to buy a whole mess of little jars of it. Oh yeah, breads, and tables of jars of jams and preserves of unidentifiable 'foods' congealed in massive amounts of white sugar and corn syrup.

Oh yeah, breads, and tables of jars of jams and preserves of unidentifiable 'foods' congealed in massive amounts of white sugar and corn syrup.
    Sounds tasty. How do you resist such culinary delights? Seriously, I just hear/read the word 'congealed' and I go into IF mode
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Sounds tasty. How do you resist such culinary delights? Seriously, I just hear/read the word 'congealed' and I go into IF mode
    In this case resistance isn't futile, for now at least, since the Borg haven't put in an appearance.
    Grins ... I just look at the rolls and bulges of congealed fat on the ones who are oooohing and aahhing and shelling out the cash ... that in itself is deterrent enough !

Seriously, things that are congealed just creep me out. I may have been the only kid around here who cringed at Jello .... I mean dayum, I just can't eat something that continues to shake on the plate, especially when it's bright green and there are weird anomalies suspended in it.
    Now, I have no problems with sitting down to eat a meal in the midst of lovely bloody raw deer meat that I've been cutting up ... that is my normal, but Jello ... congealed, that crap will make me cry.

In this case resistance isn't futile, for now at least, since the Borg haven't put in an appearance.
    Grins ... I just look at the rolls and bulges of congealed fat on the ones who are oooohing and aahhing and shelling out the cash ... that in itself is deterrent enough !

Seriously, things that are congealed just creep me out. I may have been the only kid around here who cringed at Jello .... I mean dayum, I just can't eat something that continues to shake on the plate, especially when it's bright green and there are weird anomalies suspended in it.
    Now, I have no problems with sitting down to eat a meal in the midst of lovely bloody raw deer meat that I've been cutting up ... that is my normal, but Jello ... congealed, that crap will make me cry.

*sighs* those are not 'bulges' those are curves. I am very proud of my curves. (yeah, that didn't even sound close to right *bleh*)

As for Jello...shaking on the plate or not, it has not taste, texture, or point so I am totally with you on that. Now, bloody, raw meat, that I can fully support.

*sighs* those are not 'bulges' those are curves. I am very proud of my curves. (yeah, that didn't even sound close to right *bleh*)

As for Jello...shaking on the plate or not, it has not taste, texture, or point so I am totally with you on that. Now, bloody, raw meat, that I can fully support.
    Giggling .... Curves can be good ...

I remember when I was living at home with the parents, some friends stopped by one evening ... my Dad and I were cutting meat, my Mom had just finished frying some fresh inside tender for our dinner. I answered the door with bloody hands, a big azz knife in one hand and a piece of fresh venison that I was munching on in the other .... lets just say, they were a bit surprised !
    I saw one of the guys not so long ago and he shared with me that he wasn't sure what had scared him the most ... my Daddy, me standing there with bloody hands and that big-azz knife, or my strange eyes, or the combination of all of the above ... he did say all of it left a lasting impression on him. That guy never did ask me out on a date .... can't imagine why not.

That guy never did ask me out on a date .... can't imagine why not.
    because he is a fool! and didn't want to be stabbed to death with a big azz knife >.>

because he is a fool! and didn't want to be stabbed to death with a big azz knife >.>
    Grins .... thank you Canio ... I really needed a smile today !

It's been a long and difficult weekend, running on less than four hours of sleep since Friday and at this point, it's very unlikely that there will be any sleep tonight at all. My older dog, who is already on an increased dosage of meds for seizures, started having short cluster seizures yesterday, sleeping in spurts. He would get through them fairly quick, then act normal again, doling out kisses and snuggling up next to me. This morning I had no problems getting him to eat and take the meds, but this afternoon, the short clusters started again and his usual response of walking through the house for a while, then settling down on his bed to sleep for several hours didn't happen.
    He's been walking non-stop since around two this afternoon. I pick him up and hold him as long as he will let me, try to get him to sleep, and he starts up with the walking. I decided to give him the evening meds a little earlier, first with the pill pockets from the vet, then a small piece of chicken and he would not eat anything. He's only taken a few sips of water and that really concerns me too.

Finally enlisted my son to hold him, and keep his mouth open so I could get the pills down him. He's quite strong for an older dog and right after I got the pills at the back on his mouth, he clamped down on my hand and bit the living shit outta one finger. It bled clean and I washed it, put some goop on it and a camo bandaid - and it is sore as hell. And he is still walking .... slower now and I keep holding out that maybe he will finally lay down.

It's breaking my heart. I've had him since 2003, and my vet estimated at that time he was anywhere from 2 to 3 years old. He's got a ton of gray hair now, and cataracts, but he's a sweetheart. He's a rescue, a Boston Terrier and he's my biggie-boy. At the vet visit this past week, I asked if he was in pain, I already knew that Boston's are prone to seizures because one of my other BT's had them. My vet said there were no signs that he was in any pain, and at that point he didn't indicate that I would have to let him go.
    I'll be on the phone early with the vet to see where we are now ... I won't let him hurt, but I am not dealing with letting him go either.
    He hasn't come up to me this afternoon like he normally does, even after the seizures before, he would come and lean against my leg, give me kisses and I knew my boy was there ... now it's like he's not aware of me. I know it's the progression of the seizures and the damage that occurs, even with the medications.

My meals have not been great the past two days ... had some sort of virus or something yesterday and the only thing I was able to eat was a few bites of rice. (yeah, not exactly on my meal plan ... but I needed to get something in my stomach that would stay there). Today was better, the chills have stopped but I have no appetite (although that's likely from stress).

Ok, have to go and hold my furbaby and see if I can get him to rest a little.

Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast