Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 34

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, eating 6 nuts. You freaking wild woman you :P

Good luck with the hormone tests. Thyroids can be a real beast I wish you the best.

Rock on with your awesome self.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yes, eating 6 nuts. You freaking wild woman you :P

Good luck with the hormone tests. Thyroids can be a real beast I wish you the best.

Rock on with your awesome self.
    Giggling ....
    So, today I went out to the temporary training site, which just happens to be in visual distance of the location where he wants to start the CF box. Yesterday I helped install things, including the rings, so I had go back and do some pull-ups on those ... that is just too dayum fun !
    I kept looking over to the proposed location and just visualizing it already open, it has a big area behind the building that will be perfect for flipping tires, etc. .... keeping lots of positive thoughts going for that !

Oh and today, I had 9, yeah, counted out 9 nuts .... yum !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Oh and today, I had 9, yeah, counted out 9 nuts .... yum !
    9? 9 nuts? A full 50% more than previously stated? I am disappoint. Okay, really I am jealous because you are getting a CF box and tires to flip. Oh well, back to living my primal life vicariously through you.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

9? 9 nuts? A full 50% more than previously stated? I am disappoint. Okay, really I am jealous because you are getting a CF box and tires to flip. Oh well, back to living my primal life vicariously through you.
    Well so far the box is a future thing, as soon as he can manage the rent on the site ... but he does have the tires ! LOL
    Workout today just about flattened me. (ok, not completely or I'd be throwing out all the sports bras) ... today was a day of constant movement, 5 minute sprints on the elliptical, down for push-ups, back for ellip's, off for catching and throwing the medicine ball back and forth, then rows and halfazz burpees ... and repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat ...

He's a great trainer, although he still has that mindset of three meals, two snacks to keep the metabolism going. I'm gonna have to share my books with him.

Last nights meal was awesome, a pan-grilled pork chop with an entire onion sliced up over it, all nice and glazed from the olive oil. Added some greens on the side and pickled cauliflower and celery ... amazing.
    Other meal today was a BAS with some leftover chicken. Absolutely no clue about tonight, so damn tired I don't even want to chop lettuce.
    sooooo .... today I need a massage and a nice primal dinner. Sigh ....
    Tomorrow, back to counting out 6 nuts.

Workout yesterday was decent, although I really struggling with the sprints on that fracking elliptical .. I did have a lot of vertebra in the lower back that were way out of place though. Chiro had his work cut out for him yesterday ! He did mention though that he could tell a difference in how my muscles are since I changed the workouts.

Storming here today and it is really tempting to go and take a nice nap. Went out earlier to get some oil for my truck and there were little frogs hopping all the yard and the driveway, some of them as small as a pencil eraser.

Meals today fair ... leftover chicken, BAS and likely more chicken tonight. Contemplated fish for tonight, but I think I've talked myself out of that already.
    Back to work ....

Seriously contemplating a return to IF or possibly venturing over to a Leptin reset ... although I am not so keen on the idea of eating food so damned early in the morning. Feeling a bit frustrated with food right now. I need new ideas, something good to eat. Ok, clarify that ... new food ideas. LOL ...

Seriously contemplating a return to IF or possibly venturing over to a Leptin reset ... although I am not so keen on the idea of eating food so damned early in the morning. Feeling a bit frustrated with food right now. I need new ideas, something good to eat. Ok, clarify that ... new food ideas. LOL ...
    Are you getting frustrated with results or just bored with the food you are eating?

Are you getting frustrated with results or just bored with the food you are eating?
    I think it's a combination of both ...
    I'm limited with a lot of the foods (allergies), but I tend to get caught in a cycle of eating the same things for long periods of time and cooking for one isn't always inspiring.
    I'm seeing inch loss, but the occasional foray into the back of the closet for the scale hasn't yielded any change, although I did find my other pair of hunting boots !

I have noticed that I seem to stay with a certain food or foods for months at a time, then get tired of that and switch to something else. For a while I couldn't get enough dino kale, then it was arugula, artichokes, then spinach ... oh, and there's the okra. Hmmmmmnnnn..... food OCD ?

Right now all I really want is some dried sausage (deer sausage like my Dad and I used to make .... no filler crap) mesquite smoked and dried. oh my lard, that stuff was the frigging BEST ... that and the jerky. DAYUM
    Oh, with sliced onions and pickled okra (homemade, not the store bought crap). Sigh

I need a personal chef .... no skip that, I need a boyfriend that also cooks ... meaty food and fun. Yeah.

I need a personal chef .... no skip that, I need a boyfriend that also cooks ... meaty food and fun. Yeah.
    If only I were single (kidding)

As for the inches thing...hey, you know this already, but that is what matters. Screw the damn scale. You know better.

For the food OCD - it doesn't sound like an issue as long as you are enjoying your food and getting enough variety for nutrtion. Meat and veg...sounds like a plan. Now, if you are bored with the latest ones you are eating I'd go to the farmer's market or store and poke around until you find a new food fix. Sometimes (for me at least) it is a matter of seeing something that has been out of mind - "Oh, look collards....damn, I like collards. Why have I not been buying them?" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hutshitwrech View Post
    Don't know why I'm just now discovering your journal, but I LOVE IT! So happy to see another hunter on here (and a woman, no less)! Would have thought there would be more of us on here. Hmm....

Glad to have you here ...
    I'd actually thought about going to get some squirrel, I've got to get ready for a workshop thing tomorrow, so have to delay that for bit. There are a few of us on here who hunt and some of us who are wonderfully obsessive over it : )

Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast