Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 33

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Drop the gym.....for now. You are seeing results with the trainer.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Drop the gym.....for now. You are seeing results with the trainer.
    I am leaning more and more towards this, especially since this trainer is incorporating more movements that are MDA focused. A part of me is freaked out about dropping gym, even if it is for a month or so. I think because it is more or less making me step out of my comfort zone ... hellsbells, all the fracking way outta my comfort zone.
    I feel empowered at the gym, hitting heavy weights and blowing past goals that I never thought I could even set. A friend of mine summed it up recently when he said that I have attitude .... but in a good way ... he said "you can walk in looking all calm, smiling and looking sexy, but when you start hitting the weights, the look in your eyes is don't fuck with me .... and that is hot" ...
    Ok, so I don't want to lose this attitude that I wasn't even aware I had LOL !!!

But, I am loving the workouts with this trainer, and the heat ... that guy keeps that space heater turned up so you're sweating as soon as you are moving. I thought I would hate that, but I am finding my muscle response is even better. Duh ...
    And I am seeing results now, waistline is smaller, feeling overall lighter and moving a hella lot faster.
    I know that I have been missing the balance of working both the slow twitch and fast twitch muscles and I am actually not hating the more cardio based segments ....
    Right now I seem to be in the process of convincing myself that it is ok to back off the gym for a bit, then when I go back I will be much smaller, with an even more amazing attitude.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    he said "you can walk in looking all calm, smiling and looking sexy, but when you start hitting the weights, the look in your eyes is don't fuck with me .... and that is hot" ....
    Yeah, I am totally going to need photographic evidence of that. kidding.

I'm with honeybuns...go with the trainer for now. You are seeing results, and it's not as if the gym is going anywhere.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I am totally going to need photographic evidence of that. kidding.

I'm with honeybuns...go with the trainer for now. You are seeing results, and it's not as if the gym is going anywhere.
    Well snap ... might just have to take a picture with the cell phone .... giggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Well snap ... might just have to take a picture with the cell phone .... giggling.
    or two or three...I mean, why limit yourself? It's 2012, year of the dragon, the world could end...all of that. Would you want the world to end and there only be one picture? Obviously not. I mean, think of the children!!!

(yeah, I have no idea what all that meant either. I need some coffee) :P
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

or two or three...I mean, why limit yourself? It's 2012, year of the dragon, the world could end...all of that. Would you want the world to end and there only be one picture? Obviously not. I mean, think of the children!!!

(yeah, I have no idea what all that meant either. I need some coffee) :P
    Pour me some coffee too ... I need it right now. I mean, the thought of taking all these pictures .... giggling ....
    As it is there are people who are already scared of me because of my eyes, hhhhhmmmmnnnn ..... could it be because they are the color of dragons and wolves eyes ? Silly people ...

2012 ? Damn, I really should have turned the pages on that calendar ... sigh .... all those pesky little details .... LOL !

*hands you a cup of coffee*

I hope you had a kick butt day

*hands you a cup of coffee*

I hope you had a kick butt day
    Absolutely Did !
    Fast, furious and intense .... with a lovely shiny drippy sweat going on.
    *thank you for the coffee * : ))

Hit the gym early this morning - fair workout, felt sluggish, primarily because the vertebra in the low back was out of place. Had a good session with the chiro, but I NEED a massage. Well, that and a few other things ... but the massage would be awesome.

Had some issues with muscle cramps yesterday, I think my balance of calcium / potassium / magnesium is off. I'm not taking any calcium supp's, just the magnesium and counting on food sources on the potassium. Obviously I haven't got this on point yet.

Worked abs, close grip and wide grip pulls, ropes, curls and hammer curls, 45 degree angle push-ups. Skipped the legs today - didn't want to stress the low back any more than it already was.

Session with the trainer in the morning, so I am looking forward to a good sweat.
    Meals today were good, baked chicken, BAS, handful of strawberries and 7 brazil nuts ... oh and coffee.

PrimalCon New York
    oh my lard .... this trainer is kicking my butt. LOL
    But all things considered he is really focused on functional movement and gearing up to create a box.
    It's been a long week and I am sore as hell. Finally picked up the new wider format printer so I can expand the side of my business that includes printing. My sleep has not been great, my older dog had another seizure the other night and I was up most of the night with him. Increased his meds at night and hopefully that will take care of that for a while.

I saw my doc this week about the results of the hormone tests and now my levels are too low again. He wants me to re-test AGAIN this next month. They did another blood draw for the thyroid since he retests that every 4 months. Frigging arm is still bruised up. Irritating as hell.

Meals have been good, no thrilling recipes for the week, BAS, chicken, eggs, a few brazil nuts and some fruit. I think I am going to drop the fruit again for a while and taper the nuts out. Ridiculous that I count out 6-7 damn nuts anyway ! LOL

Off to work again, close to 200 flyers to cut, stack and deliver shortly ...

Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast