Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 31

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Decent workout Friday morning with concentration on upper body ... incline bench press, lat pull downs, DB curls, ropes ... broke the If a little earlier than usual, but it was good because my son cooked the dinner for me. Pan grilled chicken and onions ... had that over a big bed of mixed lettuces.

Standing all day today to paint, and my feet are screaming now .... have to get better with that !

Have some grass-fed ground thawed, but I'm still wandering around the recipe sections here and several blog sites to get inspired to do something with it other than just browning it. Still have some painting to finish up before I turn off the lights in the studio, so fast and easy is the primary thought.

I'm still avoiding the hypothyroid "no" foods, but I haven't felt any different yet ... thinking that may take some time.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Attended a wedding shower this afternoon ... ended my IF early with a few slices of cucumber and celery. Made a BAS when I got in, topped it with the leftover ground meat, onions and some avocado slices. The shower was a lot of fun and thankfully they had ice cold bottled water as an option to the punch, and the fresh veggies !

Woke up this morning with a bad cramp in my calf, even though I am taking magnesium. A part of it is likely due to the past few days standing to paint, and not taking time to sit or walk around. That and not wearing the right shoes to work in. Lesson learned on that !

Feeling grouchy with this fracking time change .... it just pisses me off. My internal clock doesn't sync with it. What the hell happened with the concept of living in sync with nature's time ?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Feeling grouchy with this fracking time change .... it just pisses me off. My internal clock doesn't sync with it. What the hell happened with the concept of living in sync with nature's time ?
    Move to Arizona. We said to hell with that time change nonsense. That said, the rest of the world changes which is just annoying as hell.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Move to Arizona. We said to hell with that time change nonsense. That said, the rest of the world changes which is just annoying as hell.
    I think the stupidazz time change ate my response .... I do remember writing it, and posting it .... but it sure as hell isn't here !
    I did come close to moving to AZ some years back, ended up in Santa Fe instead for almost six years, then a five month-er in Cali before coming back to Tx. I did venture over to AZ once though, took a road trip to Sedona and managed to get there from Santa Fe without getting lost. (Thanks to my Dad's persistence in the early years to learn how to read maps !)

Stupid fracking time has just done me in this week ... wide awake when I should be sleeping and dragging butt when I'm 'supposed' to get up. WAY too many hours at the computer this week finishing up a job, and yesterday's chiro is already undone. Sonsabitches.

IF ended earlier today than planned, but I guess 3pm wasn't that bad either. Had a plain salad with leftover grilled chicken, about a handful of blueberries thrown on top ... tasty !

So, too many days of dealing with a once fabulous printer that has obviously developed dementia ... no more setting in a stack of paper, hitting print and walking away. No, it was feed it in one to two pages at a time, which would have been ok, other than the fact it was over 300 pages and then another run to print the back. The back page was all of 4 words .... and it took me 2 hours and 15 minutes to get that printed, then another 5 hours rolling them and securing them with little clear bands. Holy crap. I got another order to design for another wedding, so needless to say I am buying new fracking printers.
    Finally got to bed at 3 am Fried-day morning ... watched too many shows on HGTV, switched over and ran Platoon, then They Were Expendable, and three episodes of the Mentalist.

Wedding rehearsal was actually fun, except the fact that I had to wait until I got home at 11 PM to eat .... seems the groom's mother changed the menu of the dinner and had sandwiches and batter dipped chicken and other assorted SAD things. Got to the event yesterday at 3, my son and I were helping with everything (friends of the family, plus he works with the bride and her family) ... everything was like clockwork and more fun than I have ever had a wedding. Awesome location next to the river, fun people, great loud music and everyone dancing and having fun. The meal was catered (by my favorite BBQ place) so I had yummy brisket, onions and cucumbers to eat.

I am still very sore, muscle cramps and all ... but despite that it was a really good weekend. Just now getting ready to end the IF with some fajitas and guacamole. Picked up a skirt steak this afternoon and marinated it with some balsamic vinegar. Just added a ton of onions to it, letting everything get happy.
    Time to eat !
    Last edited by Orannhawk; 03-19-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hhapo51dh View Post
    We're starting the 30-day menu from Everyday Paleo (the book from the blog) today. It's so nice to not have to figure out what we're going to eat for dinner...

I love this cookbook !

Crazy day today ... weather is moving in fast. Good workout this morning, left earlier than usual, so the gym was relatively quiet. Forgot to charge the cell, and it was completely down ... looking back at it now, I believe there was a reason why the battery was kaput. Sometimes, without you realizing it at the time, Creator is giving you the chance to see (and hear) the bigger picture and that was definitely the case today. I have a really clear view of things now !

Made an unexpected run out to my little farm, to discover that half of the tin roof on the little barn had blown off ... thankfully there's nothing in there that will be ruined with the rains that are close, but I've got to get that fixed asap. However, with the roof off, the light is better, so hopefully the things I need out of there will be easier to get out without stepping on a rattler.

Wind was already so high that the cell wouldn't hold a signal, so I didn't bother with trying to pick up the tin or getting much of anything done, in the off chance I needed help. More than likely more of it will be down after this storm comes through, they are tracking high winds, heavy rainfall and quarter-sized hail. Could get a little dicey tonight. I think everything here is fairly secure, moved the things that were lighter weight so hopefully nothing will be blowing around !

Will have leftover fajitas tonight with a salad, and maybe some asparagus ... not exactly a great pairing with fajitas, but I need to cook it before it get yucky.

Good workout this morning - calves, one arm pulley rows, lateral DB raises, and finished off with clubs ... moved up to the 15lb. bats today, that was interesting !
    Not sure what the meal will be tonight .. have some beautiful squash, so likely it will include squash.

Friday's workout went well, focused on upper body with DB incline press, lat press downs, DB curls, ropes. Currently working on purging out things here that are not useful or supportive of my lifestyle - including things that I haven't used or worn in years ... well, 'cept my boots. Heeheee, those aren't going anywhere unless they are on my feet !
    Taking steps to eliminate as much of the stress and negativity that I can.

Mowed the front and side sections of the yard - (thanks to my Mom who bought me a new Husqvarna push mower since my old mower went belly-up) Hopefully the backyard will be dry enough later today to cut. I still have a section that is under water - with lots of tadpoles too ! LOL

I'm still at a standstill with the fat loss. I know I am gaining more and more lean muscle mass, but no significant changes in the fat loss now since going full paleo. IF since the 23rd of December and I do love it, but I am wondering about how else to "tweak" things to see results. I've been off of processed foods, wheat, dairy, sugar, etc. since 2010, moved into Primal over a year ago, then ditched the occasional rice and corn late last spring ... and the scale has not changed, nor the clothing sizes.
    It's frustrating, but I'm not worrying myself to pieces with it, just trying to see what I need to do.
    I don't think I can go back to the multiple mini meals, that made me crazy ! I did eliminate all the foods on the "avoid" list for hypothyroidism, but I haven't seen any changes there and it's been three plus weeks now.
    Broke yesterday's IF about 4 PM, with an egg white protein shake with 10 frozen cherries (giggling, no I don't usually count them, but that was all that was left in the bag !) and although it tasted good initially, I didn't feel so great afterwards.

Main meal at 7:00 PM was a BAS with hearts of palm, olives, onions and cucumbers and raw okra - olive oil and a splash of vinegar, and leftover chicken breast.

Have some grass fed ground and a package of ground buffalo thawed out, likely divide it and make up some meatballs and the rest just cook to throw over a salad.

Ended up having some roast beast last night with a medium sized BAS, w avocado and onion and a small orange. Spent some time with my Mom over the weekend while my son mowed her yard. We re-potted some little cactus and a few new plants she had picked up in our trip to Lowes earlier in the week. Had a nice visit with her.

Interesting thing about my Mom ... she is turning 84 on the 7th. - she used to have a beautiful head full of wavy snowy white hair. Her Mom had jet black hair when she was young, and when it all went white, it was a stunning brilliant white. Momma has always talked about how she wanted her hair to go totally white too ... so, here's the funny part ...

Four or five months back we noticed that she had a few dark hairs showing up on each side, and as the weeks went on, it has progressed to the top and a lot on the sides, returning to it's original black hair. It's not just a few strands here and there, it's closer to 45% or more and darkening more everyday. Right now, only the top of her crown and a little bit of the back remain white.
    She's talked to her doctors about it - who don't have a clue, and the lady who trims her hair is as puzzled as we are. She hasn't changed anything with her diet or her basic meds. LOL, she is a little miffed that her hair is turning black again !

I wish I could figure out what the secret is about her hair color turning back !

Broke the IF early today at 1, with a BAS and leftover roast. I have some steaks in the frig for tonight, maybe grill some asparagus. My arugula is coming up in the garden, but it's still too tiny to start picking it yet. Both lemon trees have itsy bitsy lemons all over them ! Cucumbers should be coming up soon too.

I spent the weekend going through the kitchen cabinets, culling out the last of the plastic containers. My Mom gifted me with new pyrex containers in multiple sizes to replace all the plastics. She's been reading all the info on BPA and tossing out things left and right. She shared with me the other night that she may be in her mid eighties, but she's going to do everything she can to stay healthy ! I just love that about her.

Off to work in the studio .... more later

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast