Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 29

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Who called you a loser? I'll kill 'em!!
    Grins .... one no on here ... but I really appreciate the sentiment !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Ended today's IF with some leftover roast beast, and roasted zucchini, cauliflower, onions and a little carrot. Really nice.
    Made a quick trip to Whole Foods today and picked up some sesame oil (for oil pulling, coz I just don't want to spit out my coconut oil !) - three different types of kale, mustard greens, baby kohlrabi and a small bag of raw walnuts.

Shoulders and traps are still on the sore side from yesterday's dead-lifts ... kept it lighter on the leg press since I was doing the dead-lifts. Finished up with single kettlebell swings - or as I call it swing and fling, swing upward with the bell, let go and catch it with the other hand. I moved to the 18 kg and felt ok with the weight, but the handle on this set is really thick and it was a lot harder to control the swing/drop and catch.
    Going to read a few more posts and call it a night ....

Traps are absolutely screaming today .... I'm pretty sure I moved one of the ribs this morning when I was working out this morning. Chiro appt. isn't until Wednesday, and the MSM is just not doing a hellava lot yet. I need a massage.

Got all the greens washed up, spun and air dried and into the green bags. Although I had not planned to break my IF yet, I gave into temptation and ate a few leaves of kale and mustard. Still debating on dinner, salad with all the greens is a given, and either a grilled pork chop or snow crab. More likely the snow crab since I haven't had any in a long time.

Completely missed gym yesterday, stayed at home to deal with my furbaby who had another seizure over the weekend. Changed his meds and now he seems to be doing good again. In a way it was a good day to skip, had some intense pain in my foot, almost like a stone bruise or something in the heel, except for the fact that I haven't stepped on anything to do that. Weirdness for sure.

Realized yesterday that although I love doing the daily IF, I have to open up that time block to eat a little earlier than I had been. General hunger doesn't bother me a lot, but the nausea and burning in my gut does ... broke the IF yesterday about 2 pm with a couple of slices of roast, about a 1/4 of an avocado and sliced onions and spinach. Had an additional small meal later of more meat, raw mustard greens and kale, onions, radish and a very tiny little orange .... little sucker was the size of a lemon and damn near as tart. I felt a lot better after eating a little, so obviously I need to keep my IF time block shorter than the 18+ hours that I had been doing.

Studio re-org is almost complete and new designs are stacking up in my notebook and in my head. Hopefully if the weather cooperates I will start cutting and carving on some of the new pieces this weekend and into next week.

Calves, high pulley and swinging bats this morning. The jump to the 15 lb. bats were interesting to say the least - definitely harder to stay in control with them. Overall it was an easy workout, which fit the bill since I missed Monday altogether. I did feel somewhat distracted this morning, so with that said, it was good that this wasn't a heavy day.

Just had my coffee and I am finally starting to get used to drinking it without any stevia ... although I would still like a tiny bit in it just to take the edge off.
    Have some chicken in the fridge to roast later, fresh asparagus to steam and Meyers lemons to squeeze over both, so my meal for today is at least organized.
    Chiro today, then back to work in the studio ....

So weird ... my post form yesterday morning is gone .... where in the hell did it go to ?

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Who called you a loser? I'll kill 'em!!
    I'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'll help.
    Grins ...
    I'm tougher than that individual thinks I am ... seems 'that one' assumed that I would be an easy mark for manipulation and control. Screw that.

So ... gym this morning was interesting. Doing incline press w/dumbbells, just doing 25 lb. bells ... added on the little enders on each bell end to take it to 27.5 on my second to last set, with the plans to go my last set with the 30's ... GeeezLouise ... I was on the last two reps and my left arm just started to wobble half way up the push. No issues with the right arm, but my left was just fracking giving out. I think I did too many sets before adding the ender plates on, although my reps weren't high.
    Moved from there to close grip pull downs at 60, 70, then three sets of 90 lbs. / 10 reps. - no issues with the pull downs.
    Rope press downs alternating with hammer curls, then went over to the full ropes to finish out. I keep expecting someone to run over and try to jump rope when I am doing this, but thankfully no one has ventured into that yet. LOL

Rather frustrated with the fact that I lost control on the last two reps on the incline ... something to work on for sure. Sorta makes me feel weak, considering that when I do incline press with the bar, I am in control and adding plates on ... yeah, I know, differences between the bells and the bar and plates.

Back to squats and deadlifts and leg press this coming week YEAH !

Broke today's IF with leftover chicken, thrown in with a sliced onion (yes, an entire sweet yummy onion) some olive oil and a smidgeon of leftover bacon grease ... on a plate piled with raw kale and mustard greens and some guacamole I made while the chicken was heating up .... a nice splash of hot sauce and it was pure yumminess.

Splurged and had 4 fat strawberries and 6-7 walnut halves ... that was nice !

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Woke up this morning thinking it was Monday ... dressed for gym, fed the dogs and then realized that the gym is closed and my internal calender is off. So, I did some convict squats and push-ups against the kitchen counter top and had a nice energy boost.
    Heading to the grocery store in a bit to pick up a handful of things. My son came home yesterday with a beautiful cut of meat for fajitas. I was concerned about it being tough, and wanted to marinate it for a while ... but I had only one lemon left to work with. He grabbed the bottle of balsamic vinegar and coated the meat liberally and I let it set in the frig for about 30 minutes. Seasoned it with onion powder, sea salt, paprika and a little comino, then cooked it on slow heat in the ceramic frying pan. Added an entire onion when the meat was cooked through and just let it all sit around and get happy.

Had that with some guacamole and a few olives and finished out the meal with a nice mug of herbal tea. It was so good I am tempted to make it again tonight ! But ... I have a beautiful head of cauliflower in the frig that I plan to make rice with tonight, maybe with some chicken or pork added to it. Fajitas tomorrow then !

Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast