Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 21

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's the worst part of bruises. I used to bruise spectacularly- and they would be so pretty for a couple of days then turn that nasty green or yellow. Yuck.

Hey- do you have a Web site or anything for your jewelry? When I have a little more disposable income, I'm thinking about expanding my personal decorations. Bones and feathers have always interested me, and I have the excuse that feathers at least seem to be in right now.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    That's the worst part of bruises. I used to bruise spectacularly- and they would be so pretty for a couple of days then turn that nasty green or yellow. Yuck.

Hey- do you have a Web site or anything for your jewelry? When I have a little more disposable income, I'm thinking about expanding my personal decorations. Bones and feathers have always interested me, and I have the excuse that feathers at least seem to be in right now.
    I have a website - actually let's clarify that, I pay for a website, but I haven't gotten the crazy thing built ~ when it's up it will include the majority of the things I make, jewelry, hand carved/painted gourds, hand cut/sewn deer & elk hide bags (medicine bags, possibles, etc), paintings, my line of bumper stickers (which will include the new Primal & Paleo ones), buttons and mirror backs, hand painted feathers, hair pieces (barrettes and hair ties made with deer and elk hide) as well as pics of hand painted wearable art ...
    I'm working on some jewelry pieces right now that incorporate some turtle shell and bone - and I do a lot with antler pieces too.

Visited briefly with my Mom today and she commented that the yellow bruising on the temple and cheek bone looked like my eyes (my eyes are an amber gold color that changes from a yellow to an orange yellow to amber) ... she told me I should have put on some yellow color on the other temple and just start a new trend with makeup. Hahaha ... crazy woman !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

To my understanding, new trends start because someone just worked it. Actually, amber eyes with gold/yellow highlights around them . . . I could see that work . . . Your mother might have just given me an idea to work into one of my stories . . .

Let us know when the Web site is up!

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear that you are healing. Hate to break it to you, but I think hitting yourself with a car door might fall under the "Avoid Stupid Mistakes" primal law...but it totally sounds like something I would do, too.

Your art sounds awesome and I would also love to see your website when you get 'er up and running...ever try selling on Etsy?
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

To my understanding, new trends start because someone just worked it. Actually, amber eyes with gold/yellow highlights around them . . . I could see that work . . . Your mother might have just given me an idea to work into one of my stories . . .

Let us know when the Web site is up!
    Cool !

Quote Originally Posted by Flaura View Post
    Glad to hear that you are healing. Hate to break it to you, but I think hitting yourself with a car door might fall under the "Avoid Stupid Mistakes" primal law...but it totally sounds like something I would do, too.

Your art sounds awesome and I would also love to see your website when you get 'er up and running...ever try selling on Etsy?
    LMAO ... I think I was working on perfecting dumbass that day and I agree completely, it belongs in my personal version of "Avoiding Stupid Mistakes" Primal law !
    I've never tried Etsy, have a friend who was using it for her work at one point, but I'm not sure how it worked out for her.
    I have a few things in my Powwow folder on FB ... primarily the carved gourds, bags, bumper stickers ... haven't added anything lately other than some of the fliers in other folders that I create for events.
    Here's a link to the folder where you can see a few of the gourds and bags though ...
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2426244&type=1
    Last edited by Orannhawk; 11-16-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Four days and no post ... WTH !
    Windy and hot again today, hunting just sucks in this weather.
    Had to take one of my dogs to the vet this week and he put her on some meds for a bladder issue - which has worked wonders, except for the fact that she seems to be doing nothing but sleeping or just lying around like she is depressed or something. She's usually running around playing with her tennis balls or antagonizing my other dog ... total switch-up in behavior. Granted the vet will be called in the morning to double check on side effects of the meds.
    Time to bake chicken and boil eggs for this week ...

Then I didn't miss anything by not logging on over the weekend

Bummer about the weather. At least you're outside during hunting season?

Poor puppy! Sending healing thoughts her way . . .

Then I didn't miss anything by not logging on over the weekend

Bummer about the weather. At least you're outside during hunting season?

Poor puppy! Sending healing thoughts her way . . .

Furbaby is back to her crazed "dogs on crack" self now ... and the meds that the vet put her on are working ! YEAH !
    Weather is still not optimal, but the hunt goes on. Hopefully tomorrow there will be a seriously large buck just waiting out there ... and I'll come home with a lot of meat to dress out.

Glad she's feeling better!

Good luck with the hunt today. I was actually invited to go shooting today by the family that had me over for Thanksgiving. But I have to work I might take them up on it another time, though. Apparently they've got a little of everything- they were taking the machine gun this time o.O

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast