Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 13

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Awesome time at the gym this morning .... and to make it even better, it was raining when I left the house ! WOOHOOOO ! Wasn't much, but around here, more than a few drops is cause for celebration right now !

Started out with calf raises on the hack, alternating my stance to work all the muscles in the calf. Went on to the leg press, did a few sets of calf raises there and then hit the legs ... and I surpassed my previous goal !!! Finished out my sets with 21 reps at 450 lbs. OMG, what a fracking rush !
    Went on to close grip lat pulls, alternating with seated press downs. Finished the workout on the ropes, two sets on a single rope, then two sets on both, all in a deep squat position. I dreaded the ropes for a while and now I am really getting into it. Amazing how that changes !

Meals today ...
    egg white shake w egg white protein powder added, coconut oil, coconut flakes, water, ice, smidgeon of stevia
    chicken pieces, onions and arugula rolled into romaine leaves
    leftover roast beast, thrown into a stir fry of dino kale, okra, onions, shrooms, zucchini
    egg whites, coconut, water, ice
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Strange dreams last night and even stranger day today. Sort of a day to say frack all this shit, stay in a baggy t-shirt and do nothing all day. So, that's what I did. Well, that and watch football.

Meals were on track ....
    scrambled eggs with buffalo, onions, shrooms
    egg white shake, coconut and a nice yummy organic apple on the side
    ground buffalo with onions, cauliflower, okra, shrooms, more dino kale, radishes, celery
    egg white shake

Another day of strange dreams ....

Meals today:
    egg white shake w coconut oil
    2 fried eggs w/leftover buffalo/veggies
    egg white shake w coconut
    baked chicken, asparagus

Having multiple conversations today with my dentists office ... and the pretty much non-stop discomfort that keeps slipping over into the oh shit,pain pain pain ... so far the consensus is the permanent bridge may not be seated exactly where it should be. Needless to say my stress levels today are not good.

Meals so far ...
    egg white shake w coconut and coconut oil

Not feeling so great today, meals are on track .... well if you consider that it's been more of an IF option day.
    Completing yesterday's meals : 3 bites of chicken breast, chopped super fine with avocado, and another egg shake

Today's meals:
    Had the rest of the chicken for breakfast, skipped the hot tea or coffee, since that is what really set me into the throes of
    dental hell yesterday.
    Have some squash in the frig to smush up later if my stomach decides to play nice.

Started the new thyroid meds today too. Still waiting to hear back from my dentist, obviously now it will be tomorrow before I find out the next appointment date. So anxious to get all of this completed. My initial surgery was in the first week of December and originally everything was supposed to be complete by early spring and here I am mid-October.

Feeling a lot better this morning and had a nice, sweaty workout as well. Zercher squats, wide grip pulls, press downs, incline bench press, ropes ... had a good visit with the coach as well. Discussed some variations to work on with the kettlebells, increasing the weights on deadlifts, and eating primal. He's in total support of lifestyle as primal/paleo.
    Really love that my trainer, my Chiro doc, my regular doc are all in agreement with Primal !

Started the meals with three scrambled eggs, shrooms, onions, ground buffalo, and arugula
    egg white shake with coconut oil, coconut coming up in a while and plans for dinner are some lean pork chops cooked in coconut oil,
    zucchini and yellow squash, maybe a salad on the side, and then another egg shake

I've cut back drastically on the caffeine (tea) trying to adjust to more herbal and I am still dragging from that. I have to admit I am not liking this part at all, but hopefully I will get more in sync with it soon.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I just finished catching up on your journal- and need to put it on my regular-read list . . .

You really had to coolest dad! And I'm sure he would be proud of the changes you're making in yourself. (as to hunting- I don't yet, but I will . . .)

I might have to steal the newest line in your signature- possibly to paste on my forhead as a reminder. Let me know if it becomes a bumpersticker, please

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    When I grow up, I want to be like Orannhawk...

No, but seriously, you are kind of my hero right now. Your meals and workouts are impressive!!

As for killing things, a halibut is about the biggest thing I've killed. I've gutted/cleaned land animals, but haven't killed one yet. Hopefully in November/December. That is the benefit of being an archer, we get a late season, too. The downside, obviously, is that I literally will need to be within about 30 yards of the animal. Although I might be able to ramp up my poundage in the next month which might give me a couple more yards, wishful thinking I know...
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I just finished catching up on your journal- and need to put it on my regular-read list . . .

You really had to coolest dad! And I'm sure he would be proud of the changes you're making in yourself. (as to hunting- I don't yet, but I will . . .)

I might have to steal the newest line in your signature- possibly to paste on my forhead as a reminder. Let me know if it becomes a bumpersticker, please
    Yeah, my Dad was pretty cool ... a hard ass at times too ! LOL
    I'd love to add that one to my bumperstickers, but I copped it from FB .... heeheee

Quote Originally Posted by Flaura View Post
    When I grow up, I want to be like Orannhawk...

No, but seriously, you are kind of my hero right now. Your meals and workouts are impressive!!

As for killing things, a halibut is about the biggest thing I've killed. I've gutted/cleaned land animals, but haven't killed one yet. Hopefully in November/December. That is the benefit of being an archer, we get a late season, too. The downside, obviously, is that I literally will need to be within about 30 yards of the animal. Although I might be able to ramp up my poundage in the next month which might give me a couple more yards, wishful thinking I know...
    ROFLMAO .... Flaura, you're too much girl !
    I told my trainer/gym owner this morning that I have sure been tempted to pick up some of his sledge hammers and other goodies to work out with (he has so many awesome things there )... he said he would show me a few things with them later as well as get some other cool things going with the kettlebells.

I have no doubt that sometime in November or December you're going to be posting pics of your kill !

I'm hoping to get a good bow by next season, but for now I've got guns ..... WOOOOHOOOO !
    I love just standing in the brush (I have a place where I have good coverage from some scrubs and mesquites, but not so much that I don't have a clear shot from all directions) moving only with the movement of the brush, if at all ... for hours at a time. I've had whitetails walk up within 4' of me and not see me, had a huge armadillo that literally ran into my boot, then backed up, ran into me again and finally just stepped across the toes of my boots. I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing ... remembering my grandma yelling at me, screaming that I was such a little heathen .... Creator bless her, she was high pissed at me ... for taking her a bbq dinner, listening to her compliments on how tasty that "chicken" was ....well, at least until my sister told her that I had killed a big "dilla", skinned it and threw it on the pit. Grins ... I have the shell hanging up in the living room now too !

Thankfully the ferals aren't coming in until well after dark, I would be thinking twice about ground hunting otherwise.
    Going to grab a blog that I wrote a few years back and post it on here .... think you'll enjoy it !

I did do some window-shopping at "Bellas" for a bow this summer, holy crap, they are pricey !

Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast