Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 12

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Great workout this morning, leg press, calf raises, wide grip pull downs alternating with close grip, rope press downs alternating with DB curls, and ropes. Good sweat !
    Ropes are intense, but I have noticed that I am now doing a deeper squat stance when I am using the ropes and I can really feel the difference. I had noticed that the few who use the ropes all stand straight up, so I was curious what Coach would say about my stance .... and he was quite pleased that I had progressed from standing to the squat stance. I feel a stronger sense of balance and control with the ropes now than I ever did just standing up.

Meals today went pretty well ... looking forward to Whole Foods tomorrow and picking up some fresh kale and arugula.

Egg white shake with coconut, ice, a bit of stevia
    Ground buffalo and boiled eggs
    3 small pork tenders, olives, radishes, grilled onions, shrooms
    Egg white shake
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Interesting tidbit ... one of the ex's called me today and informed me that he had an email from "some guy" with excerpts from my earlier post here referring to an ex ... I have to consider the likelihood that he himself (the ex) has been reading my posts ... especially since I have never discussed anyone on here, there were no names, no mention of which ex from my past this might have been.

So ... if it is the "ex" reading my posts ... enjoy.
    If there really is "some guy" who assumes that he thinks he knows which ex I was speaking of, grow some balls and mind your own fracking business.
    LOL, gotta love Internet anonymity. That is insane.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    LOL, gotta love Internet anonymity. That is insane.
    Grinning ... isn't it though ! LOL

Saw the doc today about the results on the thyroid and hormones .... and as before, and the time before that, the thyroid is just not working right. It's been so frustrating. I took in copies of my meals for the past weeks, he read them, looked up, smiled and said "this is absolutely awesome !" Truly nice to have support there !
    He did decide to completely change the thyroid meds, the hormones needed just a slight adjustment. At least he listens to my concerns and is supportive of what I am doing for myself.

Meals today were fair
    Egg white shake, coconut, ice
    Ground buffalo on celery sticks ... which is kinda fun, scooping up the meat with celery ...heeheee
    Chicken boob sliced into strips, rolled into arugula with thin slices of onion, boiled eggs
    Egg white shake

Great workout this morning although I am sore as hell. Started out with some body weight moves, calf raises and squats, then went into goblet squats alternating those with good mornings with the 25 lb. bar. Finished out the last set of goblets with a 40 lb. db. and moved on to deadlifts. Today was the coaches chosen day to check the last set weight at 10 + reps. I stayed at 95 lbs for 12 reps to hold form, then a progression of one arm kettlebell switches. Ok, here's where I fess up ... I had no fracking clue about the conversion from kg to lbs. .... so picking up the 12 kg kettlebell and doing the swing toss from one hand to the other, no biggie, it was just a 12-er ... grins, I looked up the conversions earlier and ok, it surprised the hell outta me. LOL
    Anyway, did 4 sets with the kettlebells, then went back to the deadlift and did a 5 rep at 105. Still a long way from where I want to be with that, but I'm not unhappy with it either.

Finished up the workout, came home for a cup of coffee and sat here thinking about my Daddy. I wish he could see the changes I have made, the muscle strength that I have worked hard to achieve. When I was in high school, he was doing a lot of welding and I often went with him to pick up used oil field pipe that he could use. I say pick up literally ... somehow the truck was never, ever right at the spot where the pipe was, not sure if that was intentional or not (more than likely it was !) Anyway, he would find the lengths he wanted, which could range anywhere between 12-15 ' to 20', depending on the set up.
    More than once, my job was to squat down while he would lay a pipe on each of my shoulders, the pipe running front to back, and if the pipe was shorter, then two on each side ... and I would stand up, balance them, and walk them back to the truck. He would do the same with sucker rods, only more on each side. That was a real pain, because the crazy things would wobble and it made it hard to walk without dropping them all. I do know he would appreciate the old style gym though, especially with the pics of the owner lifting anvils ! And I know I am close to having not only having that strength back, but surpassing it !

Meals went well ...
    Boiled eggs, bacon, arugula, black coffee
    Egg white shake w coconut, ice, water
    Large romaine salad with chicken, small pear
    Egg white shake

Another day with stripping .... heeheee ... and sanding ! 3 more doors near completion, just need to finish up with the steel wool. Got in some sun time, hours of good work and some intermittent play with the dogs.

Meals were on track, if uninspired.

egg white shake w coconut, water,ice
    roast beast, grilled onions, boiled eggs, zucchini
    roast beast, avocado, arugula, onions and olives
    egg white shake

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    How do you make your egg white shake? I realise its egg whites and coconut but do you put alot of coconut in it? and how much egg whites?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Roast beast! I love roast beast!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahz View Post
    How do you make your egg white shake? I realise its egg whites and coconut but do you put alot of coconut in it? and how much egg whites?
    I've been adding about a tablespoon or so of coconut oil, and of the bigger flakes of coconut, roughly about 1/3 of a cup in 6 ounces of liquid egg whites. On the days that I do my heavier workout, I will add in a half scoop of egg white protein powder to it too.
    I started adding in the egg whites to get the extra protein in daily, because I was not getting as much protein as I needed. I am seeing a difference now too.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Roast beast! I love roast beast!
    It's just soooooo yummy !

Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast