Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 11

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And so I set the alarm last night a full hour later so I would have a little more rest time after the dental crap ... and I did check it to make sure it the radio was going to turn on promptly at 6:40 .... and I woke up, rolled over, the alarm had indeed gone off and the music played for the full cycle ... and it was 9:00 AM. On top of that my throat still feels like hell ... truly feels like they hit the tonsil when they tubed me yesterday.
    Decided to opt out of gym for the day and give myself a day of recovery ... plus the gym was closed by then anyway (it's open at 5 AM till 9, then closes up until 1 PM). Did some convict squats, counter push-ups and took the dogs out for a walk in the sun for a while.

Breakfast - egg whites, coconut, stevia, ice
    Lunch - leftover cauliflower rice n chicken
    Dinner - lean pork chop, to be cooked in some coconut oil ... green veggies.

One of my friends on FB posted a photo today with a caption that I love ... and it definitely relates to those of us who have chosen to live primal !

NEVER SACRIFICE WHO YOU ARE JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Intense chiro session today to get my head back where it's actually supposed to be. Started the day with some herbal tea and leftover pork chop and arugula. Did squats, counter push-ups and then went to play with horses and chickens, pheasants, quail and guineas for a while. And FINALLY, we got a little rain this afternoon along with an abundance of amazing lightning. It's still thundering and I'm hopeful that we'll have more rain tonight.
    Lunch was a giant salad of romaine, radishes and chicken, and a little avocado. Hurts like hell to swallow, but I'm dealing. Dinner tonight is the other leftover chop, cucumber, radish and olives, steamed zucchini. Likely an egg white smoothie thing with stevia and ice later on.

Good sweaty intense workout this morning ... heavy goblet squats alternating with 'good mornings' with a 25 lb. bar - nice easy stretch, cable pulls, kettlebell swings - progressive weights. Picked up cheap coffee and a new scratcher at Vallero, actually won ten bucks.

Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs with shrooms, onions and okra, bacon. Lunch - full cup of egg whites, coconut, ice, stevia = a nice yummy shake, along with a left over chicky roast chicky boob that my son forgot about. Dinner tonight - ground buff, with onions, broccoli, okra, zucchini.

Spent three hours this afternoon in the sun playing with power tools ... stripping down cabinet doors, sanding and sanding and sanding and my fracking arms and hands are still vibrating. Ran out of sandpaper and steel wool at sundown, cleaned up and sat outside and watched the birds and talked myself out of having multiple bottles of Redbridge ... absolutely not primal. Settled for a big mug of water and then some iced tea.

Hands and arm are an interesting shade of purple and black today, even with the liberal amount of Arnica gel ... thank you anesthesia doc for all the fracking jabs with IV.

Broccoli is finally crunchy tender, so it's time to feast !

Another power tool day ... occasional breeze that actually felt like a breeze and not the searing blasting heat we've had for months. Finished up with the first two cabinet doors, satiny smooth with multiple rubs of steel wool after the stripping and sanding. Just 18 more plus three drawers left to do .... LOL. Got some good sun, fairly decent sweat.
    Another day too of nonsense from an ex-bf who evidently decided that this week was just perfect for a barrage of messages proving what an ass he truly is ... more reasons why he remains an ex after several years LOL !

Breakfast - egg white smoothie with coconut, ice, stevia
    Lunch - romaine, leftover buffalo-veggie stir fry stuff
    Dinner - romaine, ground buff, avocado, shrooms, onions, radishes, olives, boiled eggs

Leg cramps yesterday, realized that I forgot the magnesium, and likely didn't drink as much water as I should have while I was outside. Had the "Big Bubba" mug with me outside today, plus multiple refills.
    Whole Foods run next week, thankfully, since I am almost out of coconut oil and need Dino kale and fresh arugula, as well as more coconut. Interesting thing this week too, I've added in more eggs, doing whole eggs and egg whites and since I started that, I have not had any 'cravings' for the occasional walnut or mac. Haven't weighed in a while, or measured, but my pants are looser in the legs (it's the squats and deadlifts and leg press!) and the one ring that I wear is rolling around my finger ... that's a good sign.

And Texas is kicking some Iowa State butt ! Woooot !!!
    Last edited by Orannhawk; 10-01-2011 at 06:26 PM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Reading what you've written is always an adventure!

Artemis-MA is offline Member
    fantastic writings! You seem to be keeping on track.

Grins ... Thank you honeybuns and Artemis-MA !

Burnt Orange Flag is flying today ! TEXAS 37, Iowa State 14 WOOOHOOO !!!

Sitting here watching the resident woodpecker snitching sunflower seeds out of the bird feeder .... he is so funny. The tree has a V with a little spot in the center that he has hammered out, just perfect for holding a seed or two.

My hands and arms are aching like crazy today, but I am going to go out and slather on some stripping gel on a couple of cabinet doors. I had hoped to reuse some amazing handles on the doors that my Mom had saved from many years ago, but unfortunately there were only nine of them. I'm thinking that I will mount them in a basic design on a nice board, countersink the holes in the back, have something cool to hang up.
    Not sure what I may use now ... I'm not really into the usual offerings in handles. I had thought about the possibility of using some of my horn supply (sheds and small racks that weren't big enough for even a skull mount) and making the handles, but I use most of the antler pieces in my art (unisex jewelry, medicine bags, on the carved gourds, etc).
    I need to come up with something cool looking for handles, however I did find some amazing aluminum tiles to put up as a full backsplash - great price and easy to install.

I've decided to expand my line of specialty bumper stickers to include some awesome Primal/Paleo sticker designs. Not advertising my work here ... not sure of the protocol on linking, etc. - but I create all the designs, with my own art work, I print everything here with fade resistant inks on waterproof vinyl, then hand cut and finish with a fade resistant waterproof laminate. I've had one of my own bumper stickers on my truck for over two years now, sitting outside rain or shine, in the Texas heat .... and the color is still sharp, bright and it looks like a brand new sticker.
    Still working on getting help on building the website so I can eventually do the link thing here.

Breakfast this morning - egg smoothie thing with coconut, ice, stevia, and some nice crunchy bacon
    Lunch : Big salad with chicken, radishes, onions, olives, shrooms, small avocado
    Dinner: Steak, cauliflower smashed or roasted

Taking the short ribs out to thaw and get them into the crock pot tomorrow, have them with some kraut or a broccoli salad. Really want to throw something on the pit, but we're still under a mandatory edict for no grilling in the county. Pan seared steak finished off in the oven will be a fair substitute, but I really, really want some barbequed marrow-gut.

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    Don't know why I'm just now discovering your journal, but I LOVE IT! So happy to see another hunter on here (and a woman, no less)! Would have thought there would be more of us on here. Hmm....
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Quote Originally Posted by Flaura View Post
    Don't know why I'm just now discovering your journal, but I LOVE IT! So happy to see another hunter on here (and a woman, no less)! Would have thought there would be more of us on here. Hmm....
    Big Grin ! Thank you Flaura ~ I grew up on it. The entire family hunted, my parents, my sister, both sets of grandparents, aunts and uncles ... when I was really young (from about 5 until I was around 8) I would rotate hunting with my Dad, my Mom, one of the grandfathers or uncles, learning different techniques and skills from each of them. By the time I was 8 or 9, I was hunting alone, but within scoping range of one of them and they kept an eye on me ...heeheee. I raised my son to hunt, as did my sister and brother did with their son and daughter, and now my nephew is doing the same with his kids.

I've been rather surprised that there aren't more of us on here that hunt too !
    In one of my blogs from several years ago, I wrote about growing up hunting, including the fact that I seemed to have a lot more calls for dates during deer season ... LOL ... perhaps it was the fact that I had no problem with gutting out a deer, and skinning it without screwing up the meat or the hide, and quartering it up before they could even figure out what they were supposed to do with it. And of course, when this happened, I just happened to go home with the inside tender ! LOL
    I might have to post it here since we're just weeks away now ....

Interesting tidbit ... one of the ex's called me today and informed me that he had an email from "some guy" with excerpts from my earlier post here referring to an ex ... I have to consider the likelihood that he himself (the ex) has been reading my posts ... especially since I have never discussed anyone on here, there were no names, no mention of which ex from my past this might have been.

So ... if it is the "ex" reading my posts ... enjoy.
    If there really is "some guy" who assumes that he thinks he knows which ex I was speaking of, grow some balls and mind your own fracking business.

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast