Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 10

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Hey, I pre-ordered that book too. Totally forgot it was coming out. Sweet!!!

Okra with eggs? Hrmmm.
    Grins ... I've had a serious thing with okra lately !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Woke up at 3 AM thinking about the fact that I didn't post my meals yesterday for the 30 day .... should've been dreaming of some hunky primal guy ... grins, or better yet, not dreaming ... LOL.

Workout was fair this morning, felt rather sluggish. Sneezing between reps likely played a big part in that ! Headed over to the health food store and picked up some Super Quercetin to help deal with the allergies.
    Calf raises, leg press, ropes, wide grip pulls, hammer curls, bb incline bench ... and did a round of convict squats before I left for gym.

Meals yesterday:
    B: eggs, bacon, arugula
    L: romaine, arugula, shrooms, onions, raw okra and zucchini, sliced roast beastie
    D: cauliflower rice with chicken

Meals today:
    B: leftover cauli-rice and chicken
    L: last of the roast beast, 2 boiled eggs, big bunch of romaine
    D: flank steak, big salad with avocado and olives

Zercher squats, deadlifts and kettlebell one arm switch swings ...
    Woke up at 4 AM and the damn temporary bridge had fallen out .... irritated. It's rather weird too, because the same one came out two weeks ago, also at exactly 4 AM. Some cosmic occurrence at 4 AM with dental things ???

And once again I didn't get meals posted from yesterday
    9-22
    B: scrambled eggs with leftover meat, arugula
    L: chicken and avocado rolled into romaine leaves
    D: gr. buffalo stir fry w/broccoli, onions, shrooms, okra

9-23
    B: leftover stir fry stuff w two boiled eggs
    L: chicken in salad of romaine, cucumber, onions, avocado, radishes
    D: will be leftover steak and cauliflower still debating on if it's cauli-rice, smashed or maybe roasted in the oven
    and before bed, glass of egg whites

Meals today ....
    Eggs
    Big salad of romaine with the last of the leftover stir fry of buffalo, broccoli, onions, shrooms, okra, topped off with some crispy yummy bacon and a half of an avocado
    Meatballs, arugula and more eggs ....

Accomplished basically nothing today. Although the Quercetin is helping with the allergies, I didn't sleep too well last night, draggy all day today.
    Gotta suck it up and make tomorrow better !

Woke up early this morning thanks to an early morning computer generated text from my dentist ... got up anyway, took the dogs out and debating making a cup of coffee. Skipped the coffee, had some eggs and meatballs after doing some squats and counter push ups. Lunch was a basic romaine salad with olives and shrooms, with cold meat balls.
    I seem to be on the edge of feeling really down again today, but without any concrete reason ... definitely not looking forward to the dental stuff early Tuesday, but at the same time, it is the last of the anesthesia procedures, so that I am pleased about. I hate feeling this way ... that vague sort of disconnect. I think I need to watch some True Blood episodes and just zone out on Eric .... LOL.

I did spend today working on some new ideas for my art and some new designs for my bumper sticker business and a vague outline on the articles that I have to get written in the next few weeks, so at least there was some productive energy flowing ... that and a fairly decent nap after the dogs finally quit barking at the squirrels outside.
    Dinner is going to be simple tonight, leftover meat balls, celery, cucumber and radish 'salad' and maybe a boiled egg or two ... read a little, get to sleep early and get to the gym early in the morning.

Good sweat this morning ... Calf raises, leg press, close grip lat press down, ropes, ez-bar curls and seated press. Convict squats before I left for the gym. I noticed something when I am at the gym, with the exception of two guys that usually train around the same time in the morning as I do ... we are the only ones who you can hear expelling our breath from deep within, pushing the air with each rep and we're the only ones who sweat.
    As I walked to the back of the gym to put up my training book I watched some of the people who were there to workout ... no sounds, no sweat, and virtually no effort, and an incredible amount of time between sets. In a way it was like watching people move in slow motion ... and not in a Grok way !

Meals on track, eggs and leftover meatballs, arugula for Breakfast, Lunch - salad of romaine, cucumber and radishes with chicken breast. Dinner is still up in the air ... more than likely chicken and veggies. My stomach is all stupid with nerves about the last dental thing in the morning.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I hear you on the people at the gym. At World Gym they have a "lunk alarm" that goes off if you make too much noise. It's depressing.

Keep up the journal. I am reading contently.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Keep up the journal. I am reading contently.
    I am here as well!

IcarianVX & Honey Buns ... Glad you're here !

The gym before this one discouraged everyone from making noise ... complete with fancy little signs "please do not grunt or breathe heavy" ... I walked up to one of the "trainers" and basically asked WTF is this crap about ? He very carefully explained that some of the "women" had expressed that the sounds were vulgar ... I don't think he was amused at my remarks, when I stated that those "women" didn't have a fracking clue about lifting weights and if heavy breathing and grunting bothered them, sex must be boring as hell for them.

The owner of the gym where I am now, told me from the beginning - I damn sure better hear you breathing and see you sweating ... I'm still working on him to throw a tire or two outside and let us add that in.
    My primary issue with him is adding in heavier weights on my training book (he sets the training) - he's better about it now though. Well with some of it he is ... he did move up the weights on the Zercher squats, but I'm still low on the deadlifts. Back on legs Friday so it will be interesting to see if he adds any weights on the sled for leg press. I know that if I am doing my last set at 410 lbs and have no problem with 20 reps, then it's time to bump it up again.

So, the dental crap is not over with ... got there early this morning and the anesthesiologist starts trying to hit the vein on my hand for the IV ... three places, then on the inside of the wrist, the inside of the arm ... and no nummie nummie shots to deaden it ... and he couldn't understand why I had a few choice words ? Geesh, I was bleeding all over the place .... and this guy is usually really good too. Finally got the IV into the other hand and lala-land time. Woke up 2.5 hours later with another headache and the reassuring words, you did great .... but ... [sonabitches ] ... we have to do the upper bridge over again in three weeks. So I have another fracking temp bridge again where they removed a baby tooth (yeah, go figure ... so much for that dollar bill !) And bless him, he waits until after I wake up to take the breathing tube outta my nose/throat .... holy crappola.

No breakfast this morning ... enforced IF since early evening yesterday. Lunch was an egg white shake (egg whites, coconut, Saigon cinnamon and a little Stevia) ... Dinner in a few, cauli-rice with some chicken, likely another egg white shake later.

One good thing I'm not sleepy or drugged out like before and I'll even be awake to watch Sons of Anarchy tonight !

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dental surgery IS NOT FUN. NOTNOTNOT FUN.

Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast