Thread: Just finished my first crossfit session... page

Ronstar is offline Member

Just finished my first crossfit session...

...oh god I need to quit smoking.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
    ...oh god I need to quit smoking.

Yes you do lol. That is some crazy shit. I'm an asthmatic and am now finally feeling well enough to go full on with Crossfit. Good luck with quitting!
    Georgette

lolov is offline Senior Member
    You won't have a choice if you want to keep going with Xfit... it simply won't be possible to improve and you'll never be able to keep up on sprint/metcons

Is your box doing a hero WOD for Memorial Day? We're doing Murph:

Run 1 mile (or row 2000 meters)

100 pullups
    200 pushups
    300 air squats

Run 1 mile (or row 2000 meters)

Basically it's 20 rounds of "Cindy" sandwiched between two one mile runs. I'm going to finish or die trying.

We don't have memorial day in Canada. We have Victoria day, which usually lines up, but this year it was a week earlier than memorial day.
    God Save The Queen!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I'm supposed to do Murph in 8 hours. We'll see - I've been to two of the intro classes....
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Doesn't the crossfit platform specify that workouts shouldn't last longer than like 45 minutes to an hour?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Some people finished in 30 minutes. I had a DNF - dizziness and plain exhaustion. But that's fine, I'm new to crossfit and haven't really done any HIT longer than about 15 minutes.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I'm supposed to do Murph in 8 hours. We'll see - I've been to two of the intro classes....
    You'll rock it!!! Have fun!!! I've only been Xfitting since January (March if you dont' include the 8 weeks of fundamentals) and I'm just going to do my best I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
    Doesn't the crossfit platform specify that workouts shouldn't last longer than like 45 minutes to an hour?
    Your regular Xfit classes tend to the shorter end of the spectrum (unless you're in a box enamored with the "sexy metcon"... but that's another issue LOL)... but Murph (and other WOD's like it) is a "hero" WOD and is made specifically to be ultra-long and ultra-hard to pay tribute to heroes. You can find a list of all the hero WOD's so far at crossfit.org

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll give Murph a try some day - I can squeeze two 7 minute miles. The hardest thing is the pullups - can do a hundred, but it would take a while.
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword