Thread: Should we ask to unite PB for Fitness / for Athletes threads? page

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member

Should we ask to unite PB for Fitness / for Athletes threads?

Shop Now
    Just a proposal - topics seem to get mixed up, and many would fit into both anyway. What do people think?

separate in my opinion. i am always in the Athletes section because of the nature of my training. I like the primal fitness stuff...but very rarely do I get to fit it in. It's nice to be able to just go to place where I know I am going to encounter other marathon runners or the like...that also eat primal.

But discussions about Mark's recommendations for the fitness program that best compliments his version of the paleo diet are in their own section...and that is helpful to newbies and not-athletes.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happyprimate View Post
    separate in my opinion. i am always in the Athletes section because of the nature of my training. I like the primal fitness stuff...but very rarely do I get to fit it in. It's nice to be able to just go to place where I know I am going to encounter other marathon runners or the like...that also eat primal.

But discussions about Mark's recommendations for the fitness program that best compliments his version of the paleo diet are in their own section...and that is helpful to newbies and not-athletes.
    Agreed. They sometimes have topics that are relevant for both, but I like having a separate area for people like me who have been athletic(ish) for most/all of their adult lives. The fitness section is, IMO, geared more towards PB fitness, which is not something that I do normally but it is great for people that want to change.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    I'd prefer to see them combined since most posters aren't good at figuring out the difference between the two and the subjects don't follow the category very well.

Gordo

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member
    Separate, definitely. The Primal Fitness section is for people following the Primal Blueprint. The Primal Athletes forum is for people who do other things, but still eat primal and require advice on training tips, etc. It would be way too confusing if these were combined.

I think if people can't figure out the difference, maybe the moderators should help clarify things and move threads to the proper areas.
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

Nicator is offline Senior Member
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Andtckrtoo View Post
    Separate, definitely. The Primal Fitness section is for people following the Primal Blueprint. The Primal Athletes forum is for people who do other things, but still eat primal and require advice on training tips, etc. It would be way too confusing if these were combined.

I think if people can't figure out the difference, maybe the moderators should help clarify things and move threads to the proper areas.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andtckrtoo View Post

+1 I vote separate... I think its good for them to be separate....