Thread: Tips for Hot Weather page

Red Wire is offline Senior Member

Tips for Hot Weather

Primal Fuel
    As the days have turned muggy and oppressive, I'm finding it difficult to keep up with my workouts. The heat is literally sapping the motivation to move out of me. I live in a home without air conditioning. Besides joining a gym, have any of you found creative ways to beat the heat?

I may just have to give in and get a small air conditioner for the weight room....

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    The neural receptors for pain and cold are similar. Hurt yourself and imagine ice on that part of your body. It's how I get through church in summer.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I got nothin'. I work outside in Vegas during monsoon season and I only keep goinng because they pay me.

I am curious if anyone else has ideas on making it less miserable, though.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Become an early bird or a night owl~that's how I keep my cool in the summer. I'd opt for early bird, since working out before bedtime can lead to some serious insomnia.
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    I actually plan my workouts around the heat of the day. I want to be adapted to working in the heat. The most important thing I can stress is make sure you drink plenty of water before you even warm-up for your workout. The majority of the water consumption should be over an hour ahead of time. You can also wet down a headband and wear it on your head or your neck to lower your body temp.

Be aware of your body, and don't over do it right away.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I got nothin'. I work outside in Vegas during monsoon season and I only keep goinng because they pay me.

I am curious if anyone else has ideas on making it less miserable, though.
    You can only embrace it. I worked outside in everything from Hurricane Bob to hellacious blizzards and I loved it. Maybe not at that moment but the worst day outside beats the best day in a cubicle.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    ...but the worst day outside beats the best day in a cubicle.
    True!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Given that here in Seattle, we've only reached 70 once since October, and that was only for a few minutes, the idea of being too hot is unfathomable right now!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by New Renaissance View Post
    I actually plan my workouts around the heat of the day. I want to be adapted to working in the heat. The most important thing I can stress is make sure you drink plenty of water before you even warm-up for your workout. The majority of the water consumption should be over an hour ahead of time. You can also wet down a headband and wear it on your head or your neck to lower your body temp.

Be aware of your body, and don't over do it right away.
    Pretty much my thoughts on the subject. And this is a guy dealing with Miami heat/humidity. I find sprinting around noon or 1 PM to be awesome for conditioning as long as you've worked up to it over time.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal