Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consume 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up page 2

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Toad, shakes and smoothies are insulin spiking, thus NOT ideal for fat loss. Robb Wolf and Mat Lalonde mention this over and over.

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    If I would eat the same breakfast everyday, 3 eggs with 3 slices of bacon. How would it matter if I do this within 30min or after 1hour of waking up?

Nutritionator is offline Senior Member
    Like Bissen said, liquid meals are insulin spiking compared a regular meal. I'm having a rough time finding literature on the subject but Robb Wolf mentions it multiple times throughout his podcast and forum and so does Matt Lalonde. Both these guys are some of the most brilliant biochemists in the world because they really know what they're talking about and they are untainted by CW. Robb Wolf's podcast has formed the way I see paleo and reawakened the athlete side of me, highly, highly recommended.
    My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

Nutritionator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MvEssen View Post
    If I would eat the same breakfast everyday, 3 eggs with 3 slices of bacon. How would it matter if I do this within 30min or after 1hour of waking up?
    And I really don't see this time difference make any significant impact on how you process breakfast. Your cortisol might be a little higher right after you wake up which could affect meal processing I guess a little but if you're not working out in the morning then I don't think it's an issue.
    My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

skookum is offline Senior Member
    All I know is when I eat breakfast (eggs n bacon or fish n greens, or ??...) right after waking, I feel worse for the day, I feel hungrier sooner, and when I make a habit of this, my weight loss stalls.
    Alternately, if I eat when I feel hungry, or even a while after I feel hungry, I experience the opposite.
    I don't need an 'expert' to tell me how to figure that out.
    Additionally, I often take a rigorous walk first thing in the morning, so I am doing a 'workout' in a fasted state.
    For me, food should come after some sort of 'work' to 'catch it'.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Tim Ferriss' stuff tends to be like ... a public toilet. Undeniably useful, but there is always some shit you have to avoid.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Toad, shakes and smoothies are insulin spiking, thus NOT ideal for fat loss. Robb Wolf and Mat Lalonde mention this over and over.
    Saying a smoothie is insulin spiking is way to general of a statement.

What are you consuming the smoothie with? How long are you taking to drink it? Less than 1 minute or more than 10 minutes? What is in the smoothie? A lot of fat and protein and hardly any carbs or is it a traditional fruit heavy smoothie?

I am going to send Robb Wolf an eMail asking him about this. I disagree with your statement 110%. It can be true in certain cases but in my case its false.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Tim Ferriss' stuff tends to be like ... a public toilet. Undeniably useful, but there is always some shit you have to avoid.
    +1

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    One egg is 6 grams of protein. So, five eggs in the morning? I don't think so.
    One time I did this and felt sick for the rest of the day! I definitely would not be able to eat 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up. I drink coffee with cream and don't eat until lunch. I used to be a breakfast eater... not anymore.
    Last edited by healthy11; 05-28-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    One time I did this and felt sick for the rest of the day! I definitely would not be able to eat 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up. I drink coffee with cream and don't eat until lunch. I used to be a breakfast eater... not anymore.
    5 large eggs is 350 calories... you really get sick? Everyone is different.

30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up does not work for everyone. But, it could most definitely work for some. A lot of people insist that IF works for everyone.

If someone is trying something and its not working then they need to change. Change 1 or 2 things at a time. Maybe doing this would help them. Its all about experimenting on yourself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast