Thread: hungry with no primal options---need help page

rabraham2 is offline Senior Member

hungry with no primal options---need help

Shop Now
    I'm at work at the mall, starving, and I only have 5 dollars. I need to eat. I can't afford steak, and to just get a burger paddy would take all my money. Would it be terrible to go off the wagon just foor this one meal?
    A rose by any other name.

Waskydiver is offline Senior Member
    I would probably say that if your counter is correct, and you are five days into it then going off the wagon for just one meal would probably be a fairly significant set back.

But... if you are determined to do so, I would suggest that you get something you really really REALLY do not like. Something that you have to hold your nose just to choke it down.

You see... speaking from my own experience, I would sometimes put myself in situations where I "just had to" go off the wagon. And...OH... since I am off the wagon, I might as well eat something really yummy... and a lot of it too... After all, I went this far.

So, if you HAVE to go off the wagon, try not to enjoy it. It should show you where your motivations are.

(And, I am not saying that you can't enjoy food. There's nothing wrong with planning a treat for yourself. But you should not be enjoying these unplanned "mistakes")

I understand. There isn't uch off the wagon I do enjoy. I feel overly full now, and I know that I won't feel good tomorrow. But knowing I won't be going to bed hungry because its a choice between food at 11 or a decent amount of sleep is worth it.

Ugg, I already feel my stomach taking revenge on me. Its saying "we were hungry, but not for that!"

aktres is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Do you have the weekend off? Will you be getting your paychecks? Maybe you can take the weekend to reassess and make solid plans for next week and prep some food for yourself so you don't get in this situation again.