Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pork rinds.....Primal snack? page

ELDuran is offline Member

Pork rinds.....Primal snack?

Primal Fuel
    Just like the title says, are pork rinds a good primal snack? Thanks!

Balance is offline Senior Member
    If you make it yourself yes. If you buy it from a convenience store probably not since the quality of the oils used aren't very primal.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

I buy mine at a Mexican store. It's not processed, they sell it in big chunks. Was just wondering if it was ok to eat that one. And thanks for the quick response.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELDuran View Post
    I buy mine at a Mexican store. It's not processed, they sell it in big chunks. Was just wondering if it was ok to eat that one. And thanks for the quick response.
    Can you please post the ingredients?

They sold it to me in a plastic bag, no ingridients available. I will have to ask them next time I go. Once I have that info, I will post here.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    The ones you get at the store just give pork rinds as the only ingredient and claim no carbs. Yeah, but aren't they fried in who-knows-what?

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I thought most pork rinds were just fried in the lard that naturally comes with the skin when they chop it off. I eat them as long as they don't have any added ingredients (except salt). I actually just had some a few minutes ago, with salsa. Yum.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    I think they are a good snack....but not an everyday type snack. There is a lot of salt in them, so I try to keep that in moderation.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Especially good with a pat of butter.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I saw on a "How they do it" program that Pork Rinds are not skin - it's the layer of fat on the outside of the pork belly "bacon" layer - they seperate the bacon layer from the thick fat layer and deep fry it into rinds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast