Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food Sensitivities and Addiction - Interesting Theory page 2

bobbylight Guest

Primal Fuel

I am addicted to fast food, deep fried food, pizza, unhealthy sandwiches...basically all sorts of unhealthy food. I think it is different than me just being sensitive to the foods though.

maba is offline Senior Member

DebFM, I hear ya! I like to have coffee first thing in the morning, but I've noticed I can function just as well w/o it most of the time. But it's different with almoonds. I've actually walked 15 minutes to a grocery in the middle of a work day just to buy nuts!

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Hmm...maybe we should dangle almonds in front of you for exercise?

And, honestly, my mom & I have talked to my recovering alcoholic brother about this very topic. He agreed it's very similar. He's now onto regular sugar for his fix, which is better, but he says it's a very similar feeling, that kind of craving. Bottom line is if you're going the extra mile for the food (whatever it is), you may have a problem.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

@Maba - btw, did your mom have saliva testing done at the naturopath? I've been thinking about having it done but I'm really afraid she'll tell me I'm sensitive to dairy and I won't be able to ignore it anymore! How's that for denial?!

DebFM: Nora Gedgaudas has an interview with Tom Naughton on that very topic. He says alcoholism is just another form of carb-addiction. He said it was easier for him to control alcohol intake once he was able to control his carb-cravings, since alcohol is nothing but a fast-burning fuel/glucose for the body

http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com...workshops.html

It's the podcast from June 24th.

My mum got a BEST - I forget what it stands for. Basically, passing electrical impulses at different points on the palm and reading the signals. Hahaha, I too am scared to get it done. What if I have to stay off almonds forever?

musajen is offline Junior Member

maba - I actually got introduced to Nora G and Primal Body Primal Mind thanks to Tom Naughton posting his review of her book. In that review he talked about her mention of alcoholism, in many cases, being a carb-addiction. I had to investigate more given family history with alcoholism. Here's his review:

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...-primal-tools/

musajen is offline Junior Member

I should also add, I really oversimplified the discussion between Nora and her guest in the OP. The bodies reaction to food sensitivities, the biochemical reaction, I'm sure goes beyond JUST endorphins.

I'm still sorta blown away by this new information. Our bodies are amazing machines, but eat the wrong thing and it unleashes a cycle of self-sabotage that spins you round, right round, like a record baby, round, right round.

right round

BTW - I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

musajen, I really want to read PBPM. I got a copy of it for my sis and thought I could it take it from her after she reads it. Guess what, it's been 5 months and she hasn't even started!!

I listened to the gluten podcast last night but I was half asleep and didn't quite follow everything, should listen to it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12