Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomach issues! page

jungledrum is offline Junior Member

Stomach issues!

Shop Now
    Hi,

I've been primal for since december 2010 and it's really working for me! I lost a lot of weight and I feel a lot better.

I only have one issue : stomach noises. Whenever I lay on my back, my stomach starts making weird noises, as if I were hungry, but I'm not. When I'm standing or seated, no noises.

I thought it would be heartburn, but I'm not in pain, I don't feel any type of burning in my throat and I don't burp excessively. Just tension in the pit of my stomach and noise. I really have no clue what could be causing this, an it's really embarrassing when I'm laying down with my bf.

Is anyone else dealing with this?

MichaelH is offline Member
    I can relate to this. My acid reflux and other stomach conditions went away after going paleo. But soon after I transitioned, I noticed laying in bed that my stomach was making noise. My partner at the time noticed it too, so apparently it was fairly audible, and it was the first time my stomach had made an audible noise like that in a long time. I noticed it again the other day. Each time, it was when laying (or is it lying?) in bed.

It's not bothersome for me, but it sounds like I'm hungry when I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
    I can relate to this. My acid reflux and other stomach conditions went away after going paleo. But soon after I transitioned, I noticed laying in bed that my stomach was making noise. My partner at the time noticed it too, so apparently it was fairly audible, and it was the first time my stomach had made an audible noise like that in a long time. I noticed it again the other day. Each time, it was when laying (or is it lying?) in bed.

It's not bothersome for me, but it sounds like I'm hungry when I'm not.

I think it's "laying". Mine are audible too cause last time I was laying on my back with my bf, he asked me if I was hungry.

I'm really at a loss for an explanation.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Actually, now that you mention it, this happens to me sometimes too. Always at night - I think after a very fatty meal. It is so loud that sometimes my dog jumps up because the noise startles him or he will try to poke his nose at my stomach to find the "squeaker" toy inside!

Nutritionator is offline Senior Member
    Try writing down whatever you had as a meal before you noticed it happening and see if there's any pattern to a specific protein, fat or cheat food. There might be something sneaking into your diet that you may still have some small intolerance to. Also it could just be a positional thing and for some reason laying on your back pushes something somewhere that causes it to make noise (very scientific I know.) That's all that really comes to mind and that'd be kind of a hard question to google haha. Can't seem to find any articles on "noisy stomach while laying on back."
    My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Actually, now that you mention it, this happens to me sometimes too. Always at night - I think after a very fatty meal. It is so loud that sometimes my dog jumps up because the noise startles him or he will try to poke his nose at my stomach to find the "squeaker" toy inside!
    hahaha, how cute!

I'll try to moniter when exactly it happens. Maybe it has to do with my fat intake.

Even a google search didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutritionator View Post
    Try writing down whatever you had as a meal before you noticed it happening and see if there's any pattern to a specific protein, fat or cheat food. There might be something sneaking into your diet that you may still have some small intolerance to. Also it could just be a positional thing and for some reason laying on your back pushes something somewhere that causes it to make noise (very scientific I know.) That's all that really comes to mind and that'd be kind of a hard question to google haha. Can't seem to find any articles on "noisy stomach while laying on back."
    Yep, google hasn't been exactly helpful.

I know that I was fine before I went primal, so it's definitely related to what I'm eating now.

Thanks for your input!

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    It happens to me, too, sometimes. I looked it up on Bee's forum but I can't find any real explanation given...

Quote Originally Posted by it1958 View Post
    It happens to me, too, sometimes. I looked it up on Bee's forum but I can't find any real explanation given...

Good to know I'm not the only one!

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    lol the answer is simple its a common misconception that the noises our tummy makes when rumbling and grumbling that its a sign of hunger..its actually the small intestine pushing food along which is obviously more audible when we lay down on a flat surface and the noise rebounds haha dont worry about it! more protein and fat in the diet just makes more noise cuz their heavier foods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast