Thread: Gluten free? page

rabraham2 is offline Senior Member

Gluten free?

Primal Fuel
    If something is gluten free, is it primal? and if so, would this be a terrible thing to eat?Lundberg Eco-Farmed Risotto - Garlic Primavera - 12 Boxes (5.5 oz ea)*|*Meijer.com
    A rose by any other name.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Gluten free does not equal primal/paleo. There are a ton of gluten free snacks on store shelves nowadays and more than likely they are not primal. Primal/Paleo would consist of whole foods that don't contain grains. If there is an ingredient label then there is a good chance it is not primal/paleo. Plus that risotto has rice in it which is a grain and normally one of the biggest things that primal/paleo tries to avoid.

Definitely not primal but is it terrible to eat? I guess that depends on the consumer, but for me I personally wouldn't touch it. If you look at the ingredients on the list you can probably make your own version with all the veggies included cooked in ghee/butter sans the rice.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

rabraham2 is offline Senior Member
    thats what i thought. suckage. those things are delicious.
    A rose by any other name.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Lundberg is a wonderful company. They provide a major link in the Pacific Flyway (bird migration). When I eat rice, I usually buy theirs. But no, you shouldn't eat this product, especially when you are starting out. Later, if you add back some rice, this might be a good choice. It sounds like a very righteous product.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.