Thread: looking for Recipe ideas for my lamb liver page

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member

looking for Recipe ideas for my lamb liver

Shop Now
    so I'm going to take the plunge into liver...
    I know about tried and true liver and onions...but I'm looking for something a bit different...thought I read some where on here some one marinated their liver in Marks cuban mojito marinade:
    Bulb (yes, bulb) of garlic, minced
    2 tsp salt
    1 tsp ground black pepper
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup lime juice
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    Zest from the citrus
    2 tsp cumin

Any one know if this is a good idea? I love lamb...and I can't remember if I've ever had liver - I'm sure I did as my grandma served everything from brains to rocky mountain oysters tips and recipes apprecited

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    My favourite recipe for lamb liver is simple. Finely chop one onion. Slice the liver thinly. Get a teaspoon of smoked paprika and a teaspoon of caraway seeds, some salt and pepper and sour cream.

Fry the onion - in butter or lard - until soft. Add the caraway and paprika, stir, add liver. Cook a coupke of minutes only (it wants to be pink inside) add enough sour cream to form a sauce, salt and pepper and eat.

Other recipes here

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...read31098.html

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    MAde the lamb liver in the cuban mojito marinade with cumin and poblano chili powder...it was very tasty. both kids gobbled it up and ate 1/2 of my meal! dh was meh on it but he did say the lamb liver was far more edible than beef liver. this will go on rotation though probably not as often as it should - since dh isn't much of a fan of liver in general

Paleobird Guest
    Yes, lamb liver doesn't seem to have as much of a strong "livery" taste. I haven't tried that sauce but I agree with the general statement that, when it comes to cooking anything lamb, there is no such thing as too much garlic.