Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble letting go of CW page 2

FFRNChad is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dboxing View Post
    Are you overweight?
    About 10-15lbs

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    @waskydiver. Have you seen Denise Minger's post about the USDA and the 12 studies that list on their own website as evidence that saturated fat is bad for you?
    The New USDA Dietary Guidelines: Total Hogwash, and Here’s Why Raw Food SOS: Troubleshooting on the Raw Food Diet

Spoiler alert, they don't prove jack. Some of them don't even seem to have anything to do with saturated fat and one or two even seemed to show a correlation with saturated fat being good for you. The USDA has the conflicting duties of promoting US agriculture and regulating it. Pay no mind. If you feel great and your body is correcting a ton of problems, why would you consider going back to a more conventional diet? And if you thing about it, primal is the more conventional diet relative to the long evolution of man and the shift away from dietary fat, as recommended by the organizations you listed, is only about 30 years old. How is that working out for us?
    F CW, I'm never going back.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Check out a book called "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon. Read the introduction... absolutely the best explanation of why conventional wisdom is wrong.

Waskydiver is offline Senior Member
    Sally Fallon... Denise Minger...

Great minds... I am sure. And I am sure that they make very compelling arguments. And, I suspect that if I dedicated even a small portion of my spare time, I could digest, and understand all that they have to say.

But, what I do not understand is if the blogging community, from sites such as RawFoodSOS can express things so well that even I could understand them, why... oh WHY do the vast majority of government, education and medical agencies, with their almost unlimited funding and resources cannot comprehend these simple principles?

Do we need to go down the road of conspiracy theories about how the pharmacutical industry has the Mayo Clinic, multiple universities, the USDA, the FDA, the american heart association, and my own doctor on their payroll, which is keeping them blind to what Denise Minger who is "not a doctor or nutritionist (not yet, anyway... " can so readily see?

Don't get me wrong... I really like PB... and it has done WONDERS for me personally, and I plan on sticking with it, at least until I obtain some of my health goals. But, I mean to keep an open mind... and that means considering alternative sources of information, and the significant credentials that they provide.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Once the government handed down the edict that cholesterol & sat fat cause heart disease, how do you suppose these other entities would go about covering their asses if they decided it was wrong? If they don't adhere to the standard of care, they take on a great deal of liability if their patients have negative outcomes. It doesn't matter if the standard of care is wrong.

gumbogirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waskydiver View Post
    Don't get me wrong... I really like PB... and it has done WONDERS for me personally, and I plan on sticking with it, at least until I obtain some of my health goals.
    But if you stop, any gains in health you've reached will quickly be lost when you return to eating grains, sugar, etc. This is the problem with thinking of PB as a diet and not a lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbogirl View Post
    But if you stop, any gains in health you've reached will quickly be lost when you return to eating grains, sugar, etc. This is the problem with thinking of PB as a diet and not a lifestyle.
    Oh... I am with you all the way there.

What I am saying is that I am not going to evaluate my cholestorol levels right now, as my health is improving, because based on where I am right now, no one... no one will argue that the path I am on is beneficial to my health.

At the point when I reach my health goals, THEN I will evaluate my cholestorol levels. I really do suspect that once I reach my ideal weight and excersise levels that cholesterol number will be well under control, and there will be no issues continuing primal. If not, then the debate on if cholestorol is really that bad for you will become relavent for me.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    The American Heart Association sells its logo (and its inherent approval) to food and dairy producers/processors. They can be bought.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    The American Heart Association sells its logo (and its inherent approval) to food and dairy producers/processors. They can be bought.
    Yea... And the government institutions are controlled by politicians, influenced by the lobbiests of the wheat farmers.

Hospitals and medical organizations are controlled by the pharmacutical companies who want us to buy Lipitor.

Education institutions are run by tree hugging hippies who want us to stop eating meat.

I've heard the conspiracy theories... But at some point it just gets too much to believe that they are ALL either so corrupt or stupid that they cannot grasp what is so obvious to Ms. Denise Minger.

I just feel to outright dismiss so many institutions with such well established credentials is not exactly keeping an open mind.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just feel to outright dismiss so many institutions with such well established credentials is not exactly keeping an open mind.
    Then read your history. Galileo went to bat with "institutions with such well established credentials" and lost. In the end, he was found to be correct, but not in his lifetime. Same story around nutrition--and you can find it repeated over and over again in the history of science.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast