Thread: tamo42's primal journal page

tamo42 is offline Senior Member

tamo42's primal journal

Primal Fuel
    I finally decided it is time to keep myself accountable. I eat way too much crap, and I figure writing a log will help keep me on track.

A little background: I've been mostly-primal for over a year now and have lost 50 pounds. I'm 6'1" and currently about 185 lbs. If my bathroom scale is right, I'm about 22% body fat. My main goal is to get down into the low 10s for body fat percentage.

5/26/11

Breakfast: fried eggs w/ guacamole (in case it isn't obvious, recipe here: Breakfast Magic: Fried Eggs & Guacamole | The Primal Prepper). A solid primal choice

Lunch: met the wife out at Five Guys for a burger. Mostly primal except for the bun. I have to remember that I can get the burger without the bun.

Then it was off to work (I work afternoons/evenings). I was really dragging, so I got a soda. Soda is my great nemesis. It's very much a love/hate relationship.

While at work I snacked on some Boar's Head pepperoni and a few small chunks of dark chocolate. Also I drank about 30 oz of green tea. I have a habit of drinking a lot. It doesn't really matter what it is, water, tea, soda, etc. I just never get tired of it.

Got home and had some steak & mushrooms.

My main issues are not being ready with meals and grabbing something on the run. I'm a prepper and I seriously lack prepping in this area.

Also, with my job I don't get home until 10 pm (except during summer when I get home at 8). So my sleep schedule is all out of whack.

Anyways, that was my day primal-wise. No LHT or sprinting today since I went rock climbing yesterday.
    http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    OK, so I stat a journal and then go away for a long weekend. Not terribly consistent, but there it is. My weekend at the in-laws was mostly primal. I did have a couple scooped-out bagels and a couple sodas, but that was about it. Today was the first day back at work. Through some miscommunication, I was at work for much longer than I had anticipated. As a result, lunch was dreadful.

B: fried eggs in bacon grease + lox trimmings.
    L: sub from firehouse w/ soda - and attendant intestinal distress
    D: roasted ham hock over root vegetables w/ red wine.

I also had a few cups of tea throughout the day. I should have known better regarding the sub. So in the immortal words of the Flying Circus.. this time, definitely!
    http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best