Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on this shake? page

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member

Your opinion on this shake?

Primal Fuel
    One glass coconut milk.
    Two tablespoons cocoa.
    A third of a can of pumpkin.

Since going 100% paleo, this seems amazingly good to me. On the other hand, it's pretty "industrial" in some ways. Cocoa and canned pumpkin aren't exactly what a Stone Age man would have eaten. But it seems to hit the spot.

So my weird dinner was a tin of herring (35 g protein) and two of these shakes. This would make some people shudder. But my tastes have changed.

Anyway, tell me what you think (unless it makes you ill to contemplate) and maybe try it. I think I am going to go make another one.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious too. Maybe it means there's something inherantly wrong with me, but I think this sounds kind of good.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Leman Russ is offline Junior Member
    I'm game to try just about anything at least once. I'll probably add a couple scoops of Whey Isolate in lieu of the canned herring.

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Sounds yummy! I'd probably swap out the cocoa for cinnamon and nutmeg, and call it a pumpkin pie shake.

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    I on the third round, I dropped in a fat tablespoon of almond butter and two raw eggs. It was much richer that way. Oh, and I forgot that I was adding cinnamon to every round.

Ryokumuji is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, these shakes sound really really tasty to me. Especially with the addition of eggs. Sounds like a crazy egg nog. And boy, do I love me some egg nog.

peril is offline Senior Member
    35g of fish for dinner? Are you getting enough protein? A lot of people adopting PB find they have too much fat and too little protein unless the set targets and monitor. Sounds to me you're getting to much fat from your shakes and your protein intake is suffering
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    well, here's how it stacks up nutritionally:

for 2 cups of coconut milk (estimating here)
    2 eggs
    7 oz of canned pumpkin (assuming your can was a 15 oz one, if it's more then that changes the stats)
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    1 tablespoon almond butter

there are
    1,423 calories
    52.6 grams of carbs
    28.6 grams of protein
    134.6 grams of fat

so just slightly less than my average day's intake of food. Um. I think I'll pass for now.

Did forget to add: it does have 626% of your RDA of vitamin A. So, ya know, if you're deficient.... this'd be great!

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    Eggs, pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, and coconut milk baked in the right ratios is a damn good custard, so I imagine it's a delicious smoothie. A bit caloric, but so are a lot of things.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    that sounds like pudding not a shake..... ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast