Thread: Help - not hungury during the day but ravenous at night page

canuk_caveman is offline Member

Help - not hungury during the day but ravenous at night

Primal Fuel
    So I'm never hungry during the day. I never eat breakfast and although I eat lunch, I'm really not that hungry. For lunch around noon I usually have a big primal salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing with either tuna/sardines/salmon. Then I have dinner - meat + veggies (usually roasted in coconut oil).

Then a couple hours later (9pm) the insane hunger starts and doesn't stop! I usually eat primal foods: 3-4 hard boiled eggs, left overs, avocado, cottage cheese, etc. I didn't think this was a big deal but now I find myself waking up at night and raiding the fridge. This is effecting my sleep so it's become a problem. I'm thinking about forcing down breakfast and eating 5-6 small meals throughout the day as I've read that this may reduce hunger later in the day.

Thoughts or opinions?

Zedefone is offline Member
    Maybe you can take a look at ''The Warrior Diet'', it has a solid argument and may suits you very well.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I know the whole 5-6 small meals a day is totally Bro-Science and smacks of Oxygen magazine, but I just bellied up to the idea a month ago and I can tell you right this very instant, that I am NO LONGER HUNGRY after 6pm.

I've done the intermittant fasting and everything else imaginable, but I've never tried this because it just seemed so darn lame.

Yes, you ARE eating pretty much all day, but come 6pm, you are done, done, done - AND you still sorta fast depending on what time you
    go to bed and what time you eat the next day. For me, I eat my last meal at 5, go to bed at 9, and don't eat again until 10:30am - so that's still fasting for 17 hours.

Who says fasting has to be done during the day all the time? When you're cognicent and always thinking about freaking food?

Anyway, I'd give it a whirl if I were you.... it's going to seem wacky at first, but you'll get used to it... and then you'll be free, free, FREE at night
    with nary a hunger pang.

I'm 42 and I've just now figured out that it works for me. Hopefully you're younger and can figure if it works for you sooner.

Julie

canuk_caveman is offline Member
    thanks, i'm going to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I know the whole 5-6 small meals a day is totally Bro-Science and smacks of Oxygen magazine, but I just bellied up to the idea a month ago and I can tell you right this very instant, that I am NO LONGER HUNGRY after 6pm.

I've done the intermittant fasting and everything else imaginable, but I've never tried this because it just seemed so darn lame.

Yes, you ARE eating pretty much all day, but come 6pm, you are done, done, done - AND you still sorta fast depending on what time you
    go to bed and what time you eat the next day. For me, I eat my last meal at 5, go to bed at 9, and don't eat again until 10:30am - so that's still fasting for 17 hours.

Who says fasting has to be done during the day all the time? When you're cognicent and always thinking about freaking food?

Anyway, I'd give it a whirl if I were you.... it's going to seem wacky at first, but you'll get used to it... and then you'll be free, free, FREE at night
    with nary a hunger pang.

I'm 42 and I've just now figured out that it works for me. Hopefully you're younger and can figure if it works for you sooner.

Julie