Thread: Interpretation of VAP test page

fishin-frog is offline Member

Interpretation of VAP test

Primal Fuel
    For my 40th birthday, I went and got a VAP test. I would appreciate any input you have.
    The thing that I'm stuck on is the "LDL Density Pattern". It says I'm type A, but if that is determined by dividing the sum of LDL 1 and LDL 2 by the sum of LAD 3 and LDL 4, I'm not very far into the "A" camp. I would have expected I would be more in the "A" pattern.
    Where i've typed "high" is just what the results say, not that I'm worried they are high (but maybe I should be???)...My ratios according to Griff's primers are ok; I've been searching without luck to find out healthy levels of LDL 1 through LDL 4. Thanks in advance !!

I'm 6'2", about 185 lbs. Supp with Vit d (8,000 IU/ day), fish oil (3000mg/day), magnesium, and vit K
    LDL - 149 - "high"
    HDL - 100
    VLDL - 14
    Total - 264 - "high"
    Trig - 58
    apoB100 - 102
    LDL-R - 123 - "high"
    Lp (a) - 17 - "high"
    IDL - 9
    Remnant (IDL + VLDL3) - 18
    HDL2 - 45
    HDL3 - 56
    VLDL3 - 9
    LDL 1 (pat A) - 15.4
    LDL 2 (pat A) - 48.9
    LDL 3 (pat B) - 52.8
    LDL 4 (pat B) - 6.2
    LDL Pat A

emmie is offline Senior Member
    You're showing more Pattern A than Pattern B, so that's good, but the best news is your HDL. That's great. With the high HDL and the low trigs, I would have expected more Pattern A, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Ignore those 'high' listings because that's just an automatic thing put in by the lab computer. When I was tested, my LDL was 100% Pattern A, but the lab still signaled it as 'high' as though that was a problem, and my endo explained how that works. He said to ignore it--which I did anyway.

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Good HDL
    Lp (a) is not high it's in the good range
    Your LDL is pattern A which is good
    ApoB is a little high at 102 should be under 70 mg/dL roughly

No CRP or 25-hydroxy on test so can't tell if your taking enough D3 and can't access the inflammation.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

fishin-frog is offline Member
    Thanks for the responses. I'm learning what I can about apo B100 and how I can affect it. A couple articles I've read mention it's "familial".
    I'm waiting on the results of a Vit D test.
    Last edited by fishin-frog; 05-26-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added info

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin-frog View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I'm learning what I can about apo B100 and how I can affect it. A couple articles I've read mention it's "familial".
    I'm waiting on the results of a Vit D test.
    ApoB is a direct correlation to your LDL. It's the amount of small LDL particles vs. Large particles. It should lower with some time if you're staying the primal course.

You should get your apoE genotypes checked.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"