Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indoor pull-up bar page

DebFM is offline Senior Member

I'm considering getting a pull-up bar, the kind that goes in a doorway. Does anyone else use one? Any suggestions/advice on brand, type, price, etc? I don't own any fitness equipment beyond some weights and so admit to being absolutely clueless.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

my husband has one. It's whatever bed bath and beyond sells. Works fine, hasn't hurt the doorway, holds him up no problem.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Find a location for it, first. That can be easier said than done.

If you've got a spot that will work with the kind of pull up bar that doesn't require any hardware, I'd definitely go for that, even though they're fairly expensive.

If not, then you might need the kind where you have to screw brackets into the doorway, and you twist the bar to make it shorter or longer. That's the kind I had to get. The brand is called Go Fit, and it works just fine for 20 bucks.

mseibel is offline Junior Member

I have the one they sell on the P90X site. I really like it, very good quality.

Geoff is offline Member

I installed a fixed mount bar in one doorway, but got nervous about the anchors giving way while I worked. So I changed up and got the counter weight model they sell at Bed. Bath, and Beyond and like it. No permanent fixture in the doorway. Converts to a push up bar and dip bar if you'd like. Boasts a "neutral grip" option for pull ups that I like.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member

I have the same one as Geoff, and it works great.

chazglen is offline Junior Member

I have one that I installed for my youngest son 15 years ago... the screwed in bracket kind. He used it all through middle and high school and even when he was home from college. When I first started using it, I noticed it cracked and crunched with the first pull up only. That scared me. I mentioned it to him and he said not to worry... it's been doing that since the first day I installed it.

my_second Guest

I bought the cheapo one from walmart, and couldn't be happier. It clearly says "don't swing", but I swing my 150lbs body like nobody's business and it's still standing. I screw 'em in between wooden door frames.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I'm going to build one in the garage...

like this one... but just one. Just plumbing supplies and lag bolts.

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/13691.jpg

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I also bought a cheap-o Bally's one from walmart. I hang upside down on it without a second thought...well, maybe sometimes. :P

I grok, therefore I am.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast