Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I work out my entire body... Except my wrists and ankles? page

Tritter Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I have tendonitis in both my ankles and possibly both my wrists. My lack of activity is very frustrating. How can I work out the rest of my body so I don't drive myself completely insane? I'm open to any excersie, as long as it doesn't involve my wrists and ankles.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I wrenched my wrists last week in a gymnastic maneuver, so I had to modify lots of exercises in boot camp this morning; no push ups, bears crawls or crab walks for me!

No ankles makes it doubly tough, but here's one for you: The army crawl, where you lay on your belly and pull yourself forward on your forearms.

Then, as long as you're already cleaning the floor with your body...sit on the ground, legs straight in front of you, and scoot on your butt by wiggling from side to side; go forwards for a distance, then go backwards.

Geoff is offline Member

Two possible series of movements (not ideal but maybe a start):

For the back: Bent over row, to stiff leg dead lifts, to calf raises, to shrugs, to upright rows. That should hit your back and without interfering with the sensitive joints.

For the front: Stiff leg dead lifts, to biceps curl, to shoulder press.

All movements slow, steady, and controlled. Because you'll need lighter weight for the curl you might not get enough stimulation from the stiff leg dead lifts. Break those out separately if you want higher weight.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

I have a ganglion cyst in my wrist and can't do anything requiring me to bend my wrist very much. I'm able to do push-ups on top of dumbbells (wrists remain straight). Not sure if this would be too much pressure on your wrists, though.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

What about swimming?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

CathyG is offline Junior Member

Not the whole body, but parts of the lower...

Attach weights to your legs just below the knees (like ankle weights, but wear them up closer to the knee). Lie on your back and put your legs in the air. From here you can do motions that resemble bicycle or skiing or scissor kicks, etc.

go_ginger_go Guest

Second vote for swimming (or some type of water exercise).

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Good idea on the swimming...

You say possibly both wrists... what does that mean?

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member

dragonmamma - That made me laugh. The 'walking on your butt' thing - Joan Crawford said she did that to keep her butt in shape.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Whatever works, yanno? Velcro a couple of Swiffer pads to your back pockets, and you can buff your hardwood or tile floors while you workout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast