Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with cramps in my feet!! page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Help with cramps in my feet!!

Primal Fuel
    Hello...

I am getting cramps in my feet quite often and not sure why. I drink 2-3 liters of water/day. I take magnesium (Natural Calm) at night and occasionally drink my own electrolyte drink (water, lemon juice, and celtic sea salt).

What am I missing? Potassium?

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    I've been getting them too, usually at night. So I started taking potassium and 15 minutes a day I scoot my butt up to the wall with my legs extended up in the air and just be calm or read and that seems to be helping. Looking forward to reading other suggestions.
    And I drink a lot of water, so if they say dehydration, that isn't it.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Are you getting them at night? Do you have seasonal allergies? I find I get cramping any time I'm not breathing deeply enough. If it's caused by inflamation of your nasal passages causing you to not get enough oxygen a benydryl might help.

I get them at different times and sometimes triggered by pointing my toes. I can no longer do calf raises without getting them. I don't really have allergies... don't think that is it. I practice deep breathing fairly regularly. Hmmm...

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    What kind of activities are you doing during the day? Anything out of the ordinary? Did the cramps just start or have they been on going?

I've been primal for 4 months and they started about a month ago. I have been doing sprints once a week for a couple of months. I am lifting heavier, but only once a week. Other than that I walk my dog for an hour/day... been doing that for years.

Avocado is high in potassium if you're concerned about getting some into your diet. I'd try massaging your feet after each workout and see how that does. Do it with coconut oil then put on some socks- bonus mini spa treatment- lovely for men and women alike!
    Enjoy & be well!

Diane Sanfilippo, BS, NC, HLC
    Certified Nutrition Consultant & Holistic Nutritionist specializing in Paleo nutrition
    http://www.balancedbites.com

Author of the book "Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle" available on Amazon.com

Hi Diane @ Balanced Bites! I am a huge fan of your blog. Not to get off topic, but I just finished my degree in Nutrition Science and have been inspired by you to start my own primal practice in the future! Nice to see you here!

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    I've been primal for 4 months and they started about a month ago. I have been doing sprints once a week for a couple of months. I am lifting heavier, but only once a week. Other than that I walk my dog for an hour/day... been doing that for years.
    What are you wearing on your feet for sprints and lifting heavy? You could be stressing the plantar fascia

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Postassium. Also, do gripping exercises with your toes when watching tv, etc. That helped my toe cramps.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast