Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could going primal trigger dairy intolerance? page 2

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

@ lbd

Hmmm.. thanks for the response. I had been suffering from migranes 4-5 a month. I have had two minor migranes since going primal in September.

bobbylight Guest

That reminds me, I have not drank that glass of milk. I will do that now and tell you guys how it turns out.

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Don't make it a huge glass, will you?

bobbylight Guest

I made it a huge glass. It was probably at least 20 ounces. I had it maybe 20 minutes ago with some scrambled eggs. I feel fine now, I guess we will see in a little bit. I do know that the whey protein I have makes me real sick though...and it is weird because it literally happens before I am even done with drinking it. So within 1-2 minutes of drinking this whey, I feel horrible. And without being too graphic, I will just say that about an hour later my boxers were soaking in the bathroom sink.

But I don't think it has to do with the lactose, it might be an additive or sweetener. Because there is no reason that a large glass of milk wouldn't upset my stomach, but the whey would.

I have class at 1:30...I really hope that I don't start feeling the effects of it then. But I have a feeling I will be fine.

bobbylight Guest

I really hope that I'm ok with this...and if I am not, I am going to keep drinking milk until I am. Because I know that I had absolutely no lactose intolerance before.

"I really hope that I'm ok with this...and if I am not, I am going to keep drinking milk until I am."

Oh my. You are a strange man. Do you love milk that much that if it makes you feel like crap, you'll force yourself to drink it in order to make the crap feeling go away?

Good luck with that one....

bobbylight Guest

I am feeling ok now. So I think I am OK. I will update in a few hours./

Well, from my own experience, it may take longer than an hour or so for an intolerance to make itself known - it's different from an allergy (think anaphylaxis from nuts for example). I ate something with oats in, thinking it would be fine, and about 4 hours later I had bloating, stomach cramps and so on - classic IBS. No way am I eating oats again - I never ever want to go through all that way of living again (which I was pre-primal).

Which is why I don't understand why you would force yourself through that kind of pain and discomfort.

In fact, I don't understand you at all, to be honest! And I don't mean that to be rude.

bobbylight Guest

I am pretty ununderstandable...like that word I just made up

Anyway, I am going strong with the milk in my system...as long as I don't poop myself in class, I think I will be good. I sure hope I don't....

I can't imagine why you would do that - intolerance doesn't always result in diarrhea!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast