Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies..I am not sure if I am imagining this.. page

Polecatz is offline Senior Member

Ladies..I am not sure if I am imagining this..

Shop Now
    This is weird. My period pains have disappeared almost completely. Could it be primal eating?

I started primal end of March. Have done low carb for about 18 months. Have been eating loads of animal fats and coconut oil and MEAT!! No grains obv and minimal sugar.

I have always had terrible period pains. I would just dose myself up on Ibuprofen or I could not move. But the dose would only be effective for about three hours. I'd end up lying on the floor at work until the next dose took effect. Sometimes it felt like I was gonna actually give birth to something as well as feeling sick and generally like screaming.

Anyway, when my period arrived yesterday I didn't have any pains so I didn't take a tablet - I thought I would do an experiment. Towards the evening I had mild cramps. I was scared so I took a tablet cos I didn't want to be kept awake by the pains if they came. Now normally I would have to wake in the night to take another dose - or be woken by the pains. That didn't happen. I had no pains this morning but I was again scared that they would come so I took a tablet this morning just in case. Now, 14 hours since I took that tablet, no pains. Now no tablet can be that effective. Its just supermarket Ibuprofen!

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I going mad? My Mum has always said to me that its not normal to have terrible period pains yet I always thought it was something you had to put up with.

teamommy is offline Member
    YES! I was told by every OB/GYN I have seen since I was 18 that I needed to be on the pill to control the pain, heavy bleeding, crazy mood swings etc. . I stopped taking the pill a few months ago and my body is totally different now. I have been off the pill several times to concieve and my periods were always the same. Now I have no pain, no mood swings, no heavy bleeding. My once 24 day cycle is now 30 days!! I feel really fantastic! I have been primal for well over a year.

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    I notice with each successive cycle since going primal all the nasty aspects are dissipating. Pain is gone, I'm almost 4 weeks to the day between them, duration has gone from 7 days to 5, breast tenderness nearly gone and mood swings are almost non-existent now, and this is my 5th cycle primal.
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    Yep, and being pre-menopausal and, therefore, irregular, there are few signs to tell me it's coming now. This month I knew, because I got a huge zit and had the "dropsies" last week. When I dropped two items in about 15 minutes, my husband called it. He said, "time for your period!"

I used to know because of the horrible bloat and cramps I would get right before.

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    I have never been particularly bad but after about 4 - 5 weeks of thinking the PB way, I had no pain last week and the management aspect was the best it has been for a long time.

Before I found PB, I was not vegetarian, no soy always ate my butter and olive oil and stayed away from hydrogenated fats and artificial sweeteners. So the big difference for me in the last month has been cold turkey on sugar and grains. So as bad as all the other stuff is (I was never convinced and waiting for others to catch up). I am amazed the difference stopping grain and sugar has had on me in this way and emotionally. And when I say emotionally I do not suffer depression, manic behaviour, etc, no real emotional problems I am generally in a good mood, yet I feel better then ever. I cannot imagine the changes for people that have these issues or even the physical really bad PMT. It must be amazing.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i had HORRIBLE pains before, like you described. i would dose up the night before i expected my period and stay dosed every 4 hours that i was awake until the 3rd day (i was taking waay over the acceptable amount of ibuprofen). i can't say for sure yet because i'm experiencing lactational amenorrhea which will probably continue for another 6 months at least (it lasted a total of 24 mos after my first child and 22 months after my second, i'm 12 months in after the last baby), but i really really hope that this holds true for me. there's no way i can take care of three kids if i'm writhing in pain for 3 days every month once my period returns.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecatz View Post
    This is weird. My period pains have disappeared almost completely. Could it be primal eating?
    My 12-year-old daughter had outrageously bad period pain. Then she went Primal and the pain went away completely. She was stunned and then overjoyed. Her mom had rotten period pain too - endometriosis - so it's hereditary, but it still went away for her.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Mine weren't as bad this time (first period on primal) and over quicker. NO sugar cravings, but hubby bought me fudge anyway XD
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Not just pain-free, but also no PMS, no tender boobs and much shorter duration. I'm lovin it!

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Its amazing. Didn't take a tablet last night and NO PAINS and no pains now. Normally, it being day two to three the pains would have still been severe. I hope my liver will be pleased cos I was getting thru packs of painkillers.

I wonder if it is the lack of grains or the proliferation of animal fats and meat? What do others think? Why would lack of certain things or eating certain things cause period pains..interesting?

I have been frying everything in animal fat and eating meat at every meal and eating coconut products almost every day. The only time I had flour was my friend made a cake for me and they didn't realise my no grains stance so I ate a bit. I have had a lil bit of sugar - the odd small glass of juice and a few squares of dark choc but not every day.

Anyway, I had considered the doc prior to this. But I knew what they would say - take the pill. No thanks. (they would probably recommend a high carb diet for good measure LOL). Yay to primal!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast