Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PB and pregnancy page 3

bobbylight Guest

I am not doubting that we reproduced without grains or added calcium. To reproduce you have to live until you are about 15-20. I bet you could eat a pretty horrible diet and still manage to stick around that long. I'm not saying that what hunter/gatherers ate was a bad diet, I am just saying.

62shelby Guest

bobby read up on the pottenger cat experiment, maybe spend some time on the WAPF

bobbylight Guest

62shelby, what is the point you are trying to make with this cat experiment? Are you making the case for eating raw?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I really wish this forum had an "ignore" button.

soror is offline Senior Member

Again I ask as well how much dairy do the Asians consume? What are the rates of osteoporosis of different social groups and the corresponding dairy intake. What other foods contain calcium besides dairy- what cofactors are needed w/ calcium to make it usable by the body?

And fwiw I have several times inputting my daily intake into nutrition programs to track my intake of various vitamins, minerals- etc and what do you know I am doing great w/out grains or dairy.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

62shelby Guest

did you read it? the conclusions are pretty simple and obvious.

Remind us again why you are actually here?

Ok, thats me out, I gotta go and do something important like poke my eyes out with a stick or something.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I'm just gonna ignore all the troll-feeding and trollism and respond to erstad17. haha.
    [quote]

Hello again FNW, how are things going? Your family moved right? Congratulations on your pregnancy! How far along are you? We are 6 weeks in. My wife is taking the prenatal and has also doesn&#39;t believe in the "eating for two" theory. She did add meat to her diet, she was vegetarian before. Besides water, we only drink Almond milk, no cow milk for us. I think it&#39;d be great if she signed up here. I know she&#39;d love to chat with other pregnant ladies.</blockquote>

Things are going well... we moved to California. Thanks for the congratulations! I said it on my journal but not sure if you saw - but my friends and family don&#39;t know yet (I&#39;m going to try to wait till Christmas to tell family) so please keep this at MDA only, no facebook/twitter. I will personally strangle anyone who tells my friends/family before I get to.

Now that that is out of the way... haha. I THINK I am 6-7 weeks along, but I will be seeing a nurse on Wednesday and she&#39;s going to try to "date" the pregnancy a bit more accurately. Then I&#39;ll make an appt with an OBGYN for later and they&#39;ll do an ultrasound to get it even more precisely dated. At least that&#39;s what the doctor I talked to told me on the phone.

How cool that your wife and I are about at the same stage! Is she having any morning sickness? I am - all day every day. It&#39;s been a pretty rough week. Please let us know if she joins! Or tell her to pop over to my journal and say hi.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

**I appreciate all the dialogue but please keep it positive and pregnancy related**

FNW - She has had some morning sickness but nothing too bad. We spent the day walking around Seattle yesterday and she did fine. She said it was what she needed. Naps are pretty common now. December 3rd is when we go to see the obgyn, hopefully we can get some type of ultrasound but I know that as soon as I hear the heartbeat I"m going to lose it like I did with our first kid. I&#39;ll have her drop by your site.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

please do NOT say anything or let her say anything about it on my website, twitter, facebook, etc.

NO ONE knows yet and like I said... I will personally strangle anyone who tells my friends and family before I do.

that said (hehe), I&#39;m glad she&#39;s doing fine! I&#39;m not sure when I&#39;ll get to have the ultrasound but I can&#39;t wait. I know I&#39;m going to lose it with the heartbeat too.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

FNW, are you taking pre-natals only for the Folic acid? In which case, you can get just Folic Acid pills. I read on WAPF that the beta carotene used in pre-natals is more detrimental than helpful. So I stopped taking them and have been supplementing with only Folic Acid. Hopefully, I&#39;m getting all the other vitamins from my food. Don&#39;t want to dissuade you from taking them, just sharing what I read. Check out the WAPF link I posted above.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast