Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Human Flags Everywhere! page

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member

Human Flags Everywhere!

Everyone loves the Human Flag! (Right, Zoebird?)

"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Simon is offline Senior Member
    lol, how many times did you get arrested

Amazingly enough, we've yet to be harassed by the NYPD while doing this type of stuff.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

Gloworm is offline Member
    Um. Yeah. You could clearly kick their ass.
    Al...I'm loving your website! I perfected my handstand pushup last week, thanks to you!
    Keep rocking it!!!

norak is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried doing a human flag on a human flagpole? Say you grip the arm and leg of a person standing up instead of gripping a pole. Maybe you would need one flag on each side to even ought the weight? Or the person would have to be able to hold up your weight as you hang there, I guess. Alternatively, the flagpole person could hold on to something to keep himself grounded.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    NYC is so jaded, nothing gets noticed, not even birds care anymore they only move when you’re quite literally on top of their heads. Even if you run up to them (… yeah I’ve done it …) they’re all “lol we can fly stupid!” but don’t even bother to, they just scurry off a few feet then taunt you from a distance… someday, birds, it’ll be my day…

Good work Al !

I posted a comment on your blog but how do you think dragonflags translate to this skill? My dragonflags still need work (negatives are good, but can’t crank out more than five and I can only half-rep some positives)

Planks bore me to tears but I guess side planks are in order…

Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm View Post
    Al...I'm loving your website! I perfected my handstand pushup last week, thanks to you!
    Keep rocking it!!!
    Thanks! And congrats on the HSPU!

Quote Originally Posted by norak View Post
    Have you tried doing a human flag on a human flagpole? Say you grip the arm and leg of a person standing up instead of gripping a pole. Maybe you would need one flag on each side to even ought the weight? Or the person would have to be able to hold up your weight as you hang there, I guess. Alternatively, the flagpole person could hold on to something to keep himself grounded.
    Danny and I have attempted this a few times, but so far have not been successful. Haven't tried it in a while though so maybe we'll give it another shot! I've seen it done though, there's a video or two floating around out there.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    NYC is so jaded, nothing gets noticed, not even birds care anymore they only move when you’re quite literally on top of their heads. Even if you run up to them (… yeah I’ve done it …) they’re all “lol we can fly stupid!” but don’t even bother to, they just scurry off a few feet then taunt you from a distance… someday, birds, it’ll be my day…
    Haha - I used to try to sneak up on pigeons when I was a kid - came close but never got one!

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Good work Al !

I posted a comment on your blog but how do you think dragonflags translate to this skill? My dragonflags still need work (negatives are good, but can’t crank out more than five and I can only half-rep some positives)

Planks bore me to tears but I guess side planks are in order…
    Dragon flags have some carryover, but I still think modified flag is the best way to start out. Btw, if you're doing dragon flags you don't need to be worrying about planks.

Maybe like in acrobatics, you need a much smaller and lighter flyer to do human flagpoles. I will volunteer when I can do it!

Don't hold your breath or anything

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe like in acrobatics, you need a much smaller and lighter flyer to do human flagpoles.
    Haha - yeah my brother is about 10-15 pounds heavier than I am, so when we try it, I try to do it off of him. Still no luck yet, but it's only a matter of time!

I will volunteer when I can do it!
    Lemme know if you're ever in NYC!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast