Thread: My cholesterol question. page

Demize is offline Member

My cholesterol question.

Ok, ive read griffs primer. It was an eye opener and i have read it a couple of times since. However, in regards to dietary cholesterol, i wasnt quite sure if there was an... For lak of less cw-esque terminology, primal RDI for the intake of cholesterol? The reason i ask is because today my diet tracker (myfitnesspal) told me i had 1529mg, 1229mg over its RDI. While i am aware that 300mg is a joke, it did get me thinking where the limit would lie. Perhaps another table of rdi's tailored to primal could be made up, u know (based on the average daily intake of an average grok-ite).

peril is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you want to go out of your way to consume but I know of no reason to worry about it either. I eat plenty of offal, which is about the richest source of cholesterol
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Dietary cholesterol is good for you. Eat much.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I firmly believe that anyone providing such a number would be pulling it entirely out of their anus - not that such a number could never exist, but that nobody really knows what it ought to be.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

mwok86 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Both Uffe raksnov and mary enig say cholesterol and saturated fat do not cause heart disease. Uffe says LDL is an antioxidant and when an infection is in the blood, the liver produces more LDL to help out fight the bacteria. He also says that in the majority of heart attack victims, they felt sick before the heart attack and autopsies reveal bacteria build up in the plaque. Apparently, the bacteria hides inside the plaque and builds up until it causes an event. LDLs trap the bacteria and carry it to the white blood cells where they oxidize the LDL. HDLs turn oxidized LDL back into normal HDL.
    Last edited by mwok86; 05-25-2011 at 12:07 PM.