Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think (not for weight loss but good health) diet? page

Fostaylor is offline Junior Member

What do you think (not for weight loss but good health) diet?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nutrition is soo confusing- trying to figure out which is best for overall health (not just weight loss) vegetarian or an eating plan similar to Primal Blueprint (heavy on plants and meats-grain free, dairy free)

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    do what ever is the heathliest and works for you.

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    Ditto the what works for you

But for me, even though I seem to be losing really slowly, it's still obvious that this diet is much healthier than the way I was eating before. I've had a lot of problems over the years that are gone or improving since I cut all grains. In particular, my heartburn is gone and my digestive issues are noticeably getting better each day. Both of those issues have given me trouble for a good 20 years! I also used to have problems with severe cravings, sugar crashes and binging. All gone.

I went gluten free a few years ago but I was still eating non gluten grains. I felt better for the two years I avoided gluten (better than I had before) but not as good as I do now. About a decade ago I tried to stop eating sugar. But I still ate grains. So over the years I've seen what direction I needed to go, but until now, I didn't put two and two together and do them all at once.

So if, like me, you are sensitive to sugar and grains, then this way of eating is very healthy. I'm not going to say whether it's the best idea for everyone, but I know it is for me.

Good luck in figuring out what you want to do

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    What exactly are you asking? I think most people here will reply that the Primal Blueprint is a healthy way of eating; otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Is there anything specific we can help you with?

Fostaylor is offline Junior Member
    I am going on a six month deployment and I am looking to get back in shape, I have the opportunity to eat right, lift weights and do at least 45 minutes of Cardio about 6 days a week. I need to lose approximately 20 pounds and I would like to gain some muscle. What kind of supplements for muscle gain and weight loss do you reccomend I take? What would your work out approach be to this type of challenge?

Thanks,

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Dude, don't do that kind of cardio! You'll knock yourself out, and it's totally overkill.

Please actually take some time to read this site. There's so much information here. But there's only so much hand-holding people are going to give you.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Just so I'm clear, you came on the MDA forum(home of The Primal Blueprint) to ask which is healthier, a vegetarian diet or the Primal Blueprint diet? Sorry if I'm coming off as a smart ass here. I would first recommend you read the book and make the decision for yourself. If getting the book is not an option, then go to the main blog page and read through all the archives. Everything from the book is in there, just not in a nice and orderly format. I believe you'll find the answers you are seeking there.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    do not feed the trolls
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Sheesh, this group is a bit nasty to noobs I think.

Most places would just say STFU Noob and laugh it off.

Why not just answer the question? PB is healthy and logical because it is based roughly on what humans lived and evolved on over time, before things went wrong. The other plus is that it appeals to both people looking to lose weight and people that are into fitness and not so worried about weight loss.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Sheesh, this group is a bit nasty to noobs I think.

Most places would just say STFU Noob and laugh it off.

Why not just answer the question? PB is healthy and logical because it is based roughly on what humans lived and evolved on over time, before things went wrong. The other plus is that it appeals to both people looking to lose weight and people that are into fitness and not so worried about weight loss.
    i really thought he/she was a troll. If i am wrong please excuse, my apologies

Please to note sales tagline in signature
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast