Thread: bkon's Primal Journal of Lifestyle, Sport and Fitness page

bkon is offline Junior Member

bkon's Primal Journal of Lifestyle, Sport and Fitness

A fresh start deserves a fresh thread. You can find the previous version here (which also links to a version before it... *it's beginning to look like Inception in here!)

I chose to try a restart because I no longer feel connected to the profiles of the past because I have not kept up with them. I want to provide new and interesting insight to my experiences and to emerge myself within the community. Maybe it has to do with my personality in that if I am experiencing something for long enough I need a change. I was notorious for always shifting and re-fung-shui-ing my bedroom as a kid. This will be a tool to help myself keep track and monitor the tangibles. Feel free to critique and emulate for we are all in this together and I hope to provide the same presence in return.

Gone are the days of counting days and weeks to create chains. Now is the time for action and observation.

After a long weekend spent mostly with family, I find myself slightly congested, under rested and sick of the thought of food. The congestion, I attribute to a couple of factors. First, poplar fuzz was flying and I have a history of asthma and allergies. Though most of the symptoms have disappeared because of my lifestyle change, I am still affected from time to time. Secondly, I believe that there must be something in my parent's house that doesn't sit right with me (dander, mold, mildeu). Though I spent this morning in a groggy state, I don't regret the late nights by the fire or playing "Things in a Box". I slept like a baby last night and expect to tonight as well. Finally, I will note that the weekend was not a non-Primal bender though in spending so much time in my family's house, I was mentally EXHAUSTED! I had to relive old tendancies and negate them time and time again. I cracked a bit and had some chocolate chips but for the most part, I stayed the course and felt good about it. As a result, I felt a little tired and sour upon the sounding of my alarm this morning and I decided to fast through the day to reset my body.

FUEL:
    Vitamins: Centrum Forte, B100, Vitamin D x5, Omega 3 x3.
    Supper: 4 drumsticks, big salad (Romane lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber and red pepper with Caesar dressing, Frank's Red Hot Sauce and feta), sweet potato and bacon. Pear, almonds and chocomud (cocoa, almond butter, honey, vanilla), apple.
    I want to start to take pictures of every meal that I eat and post them via twitter and this thread.

FITNESS:
    I had every intention of working out today but decided that my energy level wouldn't be high enough to get the job done.

PSYCH:
    I got 8+ hours of sleep last night. I have resorted to audio books to keep me company on my way to and from work. I have completed the "4 Hour Work Week" and am currently working on " Freakonomics".

BONUS:*One amazing thing that happened to me today OR one thing I have done that scared me:
    I took the steps to make a career change and sent my resume to various employers hoping for a bite.
    Last edited by bkon; 05-25-2011 at 10:08 AM.

After a good night's sleep, I awoke feeling refreshed and clear, especially in the sinus. I started my day in a way that I wish to correct. I have fallen into habit of checking Twitter/Facebook/Email/Blackberry first thing in the morning. This leads to unproductive time and procrastination. After I caught up on things that were going on and will go on with out me, I did my 145 push ups for the day, stretched and then did 10 Sun Salutations. This start of my day minus the compulsive technology integration would make a nice routine.

FUEL:
    Lunch: 1/2 rotisserie chicken, Organic Food Bar (Chocolate chip)
    Supper: Beef steak, sauteed mushrooms and onions, brussel sprouts and roasted almonds, sweet potato with Parmesan and bacon. Chocomole!

FITNESS:
    145 Push ups (2011 Total=10585)
    10 Sun Salutations and stretching

PSYCH:
    Good rest+low stress day+great audiobook+getting things done=a peaceful, quiet mind.

BONUS:*One amazing thing that happened to me today OR one thing I have done that scared me:
    I am starting to cope with change before change occurs. A co-worker complimented me on my transformation and asked for info for her and her husband who developed type 2 diabetes.
    Last edited by bkon; 05-25-2011 at 11:12 PM.

I got to sleep in this morning because I worked the evening shift. This was when Parkinson's Law exposed it's self. It took me FOR-EV-ER to get going regarding my work out this morning. I knew that I had 3 hours before I had to leave and I let the prep drag on and on. Thankfully, I kicked my own ass, powered through PBF Tabata style and was able to accomplish some other items that were on my to do list. Work came and went and I arrived home at the same time as my Fiancee! We spent the rest of the evening catching up and watching the PVR'd season finale of Modern Family (AMAZING show, watch it if you haven't).

FUEL:
    Lunch: 6 strips of bacon, 4 eggs, pepper, salsa, almonds and a pear.
    Supper: Beef steak, sauteed mushrooms and onions, brussel sprouts with roasted walnuts and an apple.
    Snack: Cheddar cheese, roasted almonds and carrots.

FITNESS:
    146 Push ups (2011 Total=10731)
    Primal Blueprint Fitness minus the planks and plus Tabata!

PSYCH:
    I have come across a calmness of mind that I find very refreshing yet, exhilarating.

I made a phone call that could very well shape my future! Stay tuned to find out the result!

FUEL:
    Lunch: 2 cans of tuna, EVOO, pepper, pickled banana pepper rings, cheddar. Apple, and chocomole.
    Supper: Beef steak, 1/2 chicken, big salad.
    Snack: Apple

FITNESS:
    147 Push ups (2011 Total=10878)
    Friday Morning Hockey!

PSYCH:
    My confidence has never been this high. I feel empowered and ready to take on anything!

The future looks promising... again, stay tuned in for more details to come. Hopefully, I will know more and have revealing news on Monday!

FUEL:
    Lunch: Chicken breasts, 6 strips of bacon, HUGE salad with home made balsamic vinaigrette dressing, an orange.
    Supper: Bacon and spinach 4 egg omelet with salsa, chocomole (I know, it must look like I am a fiend for the stuff), almonds.

FITNESS:
    148 Push ups (2011 Total=11026)

PSYCH:
    I am really enjoying books on tape. Freakonomics is ridiculously interesting and Stephen J. Dubner does an amazing job at narrating!

For the first time in a long time, I felt in control at work. Not a single soul was going to tell me what to do and how to act.

FUEL:
    Lunch: 1/2 Chicken Breast, 8 strawberries, apple, cocoa with almond butter, agave nectar, almond slices and chocolate chips.
    Supper: Rib Eye Steak, Big salad with Russian Dressing, an orange.

FITNESS:
    149 Push ups (2011 Total=11175)
    Stretching and minor renos at the parents.

PSYCH:
    I jammed (guitar and bass) with my brothers for about 45 minutes today.

See above... Oh, and I think I know what I want to be when I grow up! Stay tuned to find out.
    Last edited by bkon; 05-30-2011 at 03:11 PM.

FUEL:
    Lunch: 1/2 Chicken, red pepper. 4pm Coffee (cream, cinnamon, honey)
    Supper: 2 home made beef patties (no bread crumbs), mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)

FITNESS:
    150 Push ups! (2011 Total=11325)
    Primal Blueprint Fitness (Tabata)

PSYCH:
    Enjoyed some much needed conversation with an old friend. Started reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

I was offered a new job as Person Fitness Trainer at Goodlife Fitness. I am super excited and yet axious for the change.

FUEL:
    Lunch: 2 home made beef patties (no bread crumbs), mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
    Supper: 3 cans of tuna, mozzarella, pickled banana peppers, pepper, EVOO. Blueberries and coconut milk. Orange and strawberries. Primal cocoa-almond butter mix.

FITNESS:
    151 push-ups=2011 total of 11476
    Light stretching in the morning. I need to make a more concerted effort to build up a good sweat everyday. The days that I choose to stretch must be occupied by either some form of cardio as well OR yoga.

PSYCH:
    I tried out Tim Ferris' Guide to Speed Reading and really enjoyed challenging my self to read faster. It is truly a great tool and I hope to utilize it as much as I can.

I handed in my letter of resignation to the store manager today. My mind was distracted all day and I had butterflies to fend off. Change is a funny, funny thing.
    Last edited by bkon; 06-01-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Couldn't complete the entry during my lunch break.

FUEL:
    Lunch: 2 home made beef patties (no bread crumbs), mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) > last of the left overs!
    Supper: 1/2 chicken, turkey neck, heart and liver (loved the heart), mashed parsnips, salad with home made garlic balsamic vinaigrette.
    Dessert: Mango ad blueberries in vanilla coconut milk.

FITNESS:
    152 push-ups=2011 total of 11628
    1K run in my new Merrell Barefoot Shoes. I didn't want to go all out and risk not being able to walk tomorrow. Next week I will up it to 2-2.5K.

PSYCH:
    I got to update some things on my blog. I also got to publish a new post that I have been meaning to for some time.

I people at work were excited for my change and the fact that I was leaving. One co-worker said, "Good for you for getting out of here. Good for you, bad for us." In a bizarre way, I finally felt appreciated.
    Last edited by bkon; 09-05-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

FUEL:
    Vitamins: Centrum Forte, Vitamin D x5, Omega 3 x3.
    Lunch: 2 scoops of optimum nutrition " Rocky Road" whey with coconut milk and water. Grande green tea. Bowl of chicken curry casseole. Strawberries. Blueberries, banana coconut milk and oil with some sugar free vanilla syrup.
    Supper:Caesar salad, black olives, a good chunk if prime rib roast and horse raddish. Decaf coffee and 70% cocoa chocolate. Chicken thighs that were stuffed with dressing by ninjas.

FITNESS:
    5K run using PodRunned Speed Bump #3.
    Office Pull Ups: 6

PSYCH:
    I got a good 9 hours but felt that I really only got 5-6 quality hours. I am coping with feelings of stress and unease with a whole long weekend devoted to weddings and other functions. I wish I had spent more time on things that interested me and helped me develop.

TBA
    Last edited by bkon; 09-05-2011 at 08:20 PM.