Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glycemic Load Charts page

phixx is offline Junior Member

Cool Glycemic Load Charts

Shop Now
    Hi,

I'm searching here, there and everywhere for a good glycemic load chart, but so far I haven't been able to find anything really great.

The best I have found are these:
    - Glycemic Index & Load List - Vegetables Cereals & Foods Table (no description of servings, i.e. exactly how much is 120g of watermelon for example?)
    - Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load Chart | Health Newsletter (serving descriptions, but no carbohydrate grams)

Any idea where I can find a better glycemic load chart?

Thanks,
    Mads

regnarok is offline Junior Member

Glycemic Load / Index Table: Harvard School of Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by phixx View Post
    Hi,

I'm searching here, there and everywhere for a good glycemic load chart, but so far I haven't been able to find anything really great.

The best I have found are these:
    - Glycemic Index & Load List - Vegetables Cereals & Foods Table (no description of servings, i.e. exactly how much is 120g of watermelon for example?)
    - Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load Chart | Health Newsletter (serving descriptions, but no carbohydrate grams)

Any idea where I can find a better glycemic load chart?

Thanks,
    Mads
    Hi Mads,

One of my co-workers recommended the Harvard Nutrition Source as a place to look up all about Nutrition. In general I find it inferior to Mark's insights, but it's interesting to see how the mainstream medical world is turning around to accept diets and fitness more in line with the Primal Blueprint. That said, I was also looking for a better Glycemic Load index than what I had found at the Harvard School of Medicine, sponsoring the Harvard Nutrition Source site, so I followed one of your links and I find the HSM site to be a bit more complete:

Glycemic index and glycemic load for 100+ foods - Harvard Health Publications

Also, you can generally expect 100g to be equal to almost 1/4 cup. This varies because 1/4 cup is defined as the standard measure for 4 ounces of water and that converts to 113g (or 113ml), strictly speaking. That's not much help with watermelon, but it might give you the picture.

Cheers,

regnarok

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    I've used this before...

Glycemic Index & Glycemic Load of Foods

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Thanks for the spam! Hmm, maybe you shouldn't be on a paleo forum?

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Spam? What's wrong, afraid of your dogmatic beliefs being challenged? There is nothing paleo about "glycemic index" of foods.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Double Facepalm.

It won't be long before the normal people don't post on this forum anymore, that's the way it goes with these movements. They rapidly become perverted, and work their way back to the status quo (sugar and grains). I always wonder if you people are hired for this purpose, we all know that happens; hire an internet marketing company, spread confusion.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Double Facepalm.

It won't be long before the normal people don't post on this forum anymore, that's the way it goes with these movements. They rapidly become perverted, and work their way back to the status quo (sugar and grains). I always wonder if you people are hired for this purpose, we all know that happens; hire an internet marketing company, spread confusion.
    I hear ya, it is very sad they can't find their own forum....

About the only sensible thing in that article is that the only sensible line in that article was "an expansion of the GI tables and systematic GI value assignment to foods may be needed to improve the validity of GI values derived in such studies, after which GI associations may need reevaluation."
    and if that is true then they can't draw the other conclusion that "study shows that digestible carbohydrate intake is not associated with diabetes risk and suggests that diabetes risk with high-GI and -GL diets may be more modest than initial studies suggested. "

Either the GI values or good and can be used or they are not and cant be used.

Plus I love how they say "digestible carbohydrate intake is not associated with diabetes risk" (that is true when we talk about veg) and then they say "diabetes risk with high-GI and -GL diets may be more modest than initial studies suggested. " So what are those high GI foods some new kind of steak imported from mars?
    They acknowledged the link with diabetes and high GI and then try and say carbohydrate is not the problem. High GI foods are all high carbohydrate foods.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

" The concept was developed by Dr. David J. Jenkins and colleagues[4] in 1980–1981 at the University of Toronto in their research to find out which foods were best for people with diabetes."

Sounds paleo to me. If by "normal people", you mean yourself, that would be awesome, you'd be doing a lot of people a service.

If there was a discordance with agriculture, there would have been signs long ago, as in, an evolutionary adaptation to the opposite. Just admit you eat the way you do because someone told you to, and now every post with you is m-muh feelings laden nonsense.

Get a room you two. Also, the GI has no physiological purpose which is what that shows in particular.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 10-23-2013 at 07:01 PM.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York

From your comment I thought maybe he posted some sort of guru stuff.

Instead it lead to a credible source that you promptly dismissed because it clashed with your beliefs.

Really???!! I love how mark is not dogmatic at all but you are here trying to run the paleo censorship team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast