Thread: Flopper at the Wopper page

Duhawktackle is offline Junior Member

Flopper at the Wopper

Shop Now
    First time poster. I started my primal experience one month ago. I have to say I feel as though this is the lifestyle for me. I have always been big. 6'1'' 275pounds was typical weight for me from the time i was 18-23. I was your typical big man athlete. Deceptively quick on the football field, strong like an ox, an the personality to boot.

I left college exactly as i started 275 pounds. I wasn't extremly happy with my size but I have to say I must be the one percenter that ate and drank whatever an whenever I wanted. My social life was pretty dam good. No conplaints about girls or friends. Hell I even got a job as a physical educaiton teacher and a part time fireman.

Fastforward 4 years and I blew up to 350. What the hell happened? What drinking cases of beer and eating out all the time won't keep me a 275 for life? My doctor told me for years it would catch me, and it did.

I have a health back ground.Come on I can beat this. After some research I put my foot down. I have been Primal for one month and im down to 325. I feel like the information I have found here has been the missing peice of the puzzle.

I feel like I could be the "Unconquerable Mike". Forget back to 275. My long term goal is 225. "Mark" my words. I will do this. More posts and pics to come.

First question: I HATE HATE HATE Stairs. I have a test comming up for a firedepartment. 6 mins on a stair machine with a 50 pound weight vest. then an obstacle course. Even at 325 right now the obstacle course doesnt scare me. But i would like to murder the stair climb. Any siggestions to help me improve my stair climb???????

Twinwolf is offline Senior Member
    Do more stairs with a back pack with weights in it. Increase weight in bag as it gets easier to do...
    "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Good luck with primal
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

mikeyt is offline Senior Member
    welcome! Practice walking with a heavy pack, even on regular walks?

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Carry a sandbag on walks. switch shoulders, carry it across your back, carry it in front of you, etc.

Duhawktackle is offline Junior Member
    Thanks. I was thinking of a weight vest but they are sooo expensive. I think I will add weight as i go in a back pack and see where that takes me.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Do farmers carries up stairs with heavy kettlebells or dumbells...or even in the sand:-)

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Hill sprints, on your toes. This will build your calves, and take some of the burden off your quads.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Good luck on the test!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    Do box jumps. Or squat box jumps. This has made stairs and hills totally underwhelming to me, and it didn't take that long. Good luck!