Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling Jasondecambra!!! page

otzi Guest

Calling Jasondecambra!!!

Shop Now
    Jasondecambra - I see you are posting a lot lately. I was following your progress closely a while back and saw your pictures. Would you mind telling us how you did it? I mean all the nitty gritty trials and tribulations you went through from beginning of PB to single-digit body fat. How long did it take, how hard were the love handles to lose, did you IF, how much exercise--all that! I would love to hear all about it.
    Thanks

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    I would gather he's added at least one more asian chick to his harem...

otzi Guest
    Maybe another tatoo, too

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    funny that you ask, mark asked me the same thing. let me dig up the email i sent him and just copy and paste. yes im posting alot latley because over the last year i was a secret troller of the forum. i used it for motivation, strength, inspiration and when i made mistakes like trying to go off primal with grains i used it for a slump buster so i am at my goal weight, i went to the asian heritage festival in san francsico last weekend and walked around a fine san francisco day with my shirt off so i love to share my thoughts, ideas and advice to fellow forum readers. everything i say or did might not work for everyone so i hope i never come off like i have the answers just want to give the advice. let me dig up that email

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwabbit View Post
    I would gather he's added at least one more asian chick to his harem...
    I was gonna say that he used them as the motivators. And you are probably right.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysondecambra View Post
    funny that you ask, mark asked me the same thing. let me dig up the email i sent him and just copy and paste. yes im posting alot latley because over the last year i was a secret troller of the forum. i used it for motivation, strength, inspiration and when i made mistakes like trying to go off primal with grains i used it for a slump buster so i am at my goal weight, i went to the asian heritage festival in san francsico last weekend and walked around a fine san francisco day with my shirt off so i love to share my thoughts, ideas and advice to fellow forum readers. everything i say or did might not work for everyone so i hope i never come off like i have the answers just want to give the advice. let me dig up that email
    Dang it was still cold and windy in SF last week where I was at. Must have been a bit nipply
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Jasondecambra - I see you are posting a lot lately. I was following your progress closely a while back and saw your pictures. Would you mind telling us how you did it? I mean all the nitty gritty trials and tribulations you went through from beginning of PB to single-digit body fat. How long did it take, how hard were the love handles to lose, did you IF, how much exercise--all that! I would love to hear all about it.
    Thanks
    MY DIET;
    2 years ago (Feb. 2009) I had a physical visit with my doctor at Kaiser. she was worried about my weight. she ran some tests and everything came back bad. high blood pressure, high cholesterol and I was pre-diabetic. I left her office with a terrible attitude. after doing some research online about calories and how to lose weight I tried several fad diets that sucked and made my attitude even worse. I did that for about a year and was back at 200lbs. in Feb. 2010 I found the primal website. I read the forum, I got the book and a light went off. I wanted it, and I wanted it bad! my attitude changed and I went for it. I asked advise and received it and used it.

I’m going to be very blunt about what worked for me, bottom line is it came down to the blueprint. fats, carbs and protein. I learned quickly that different bodies prefer different types of fuel and mine likes healthy fat over carbs all day. the day I lowered my carbs and raised my healthy fat I started to lose more weight. I only started eating lean protein and natural food and even going to the point of only drinking filtered water. if I was at a restaurant that didn’t have filtered water I would cross the street and buy my own, I was bound by honor! did that for months until I hit 8.9% body fat. this was in December of 2010. at that point I asked myself, what now? how do I get to the next level so I changed a few things in my diet and started ketosis on and off and in 2 months I dropped down to a low of 138lbs and 7.8% body fat and I’m there, I’m stuck, I’m a new person, I’m a new man and all I do is tell people how amazing I feel. my skin is clear, my eyes are white, I don’t get headaches, I don’t get sick, I have energy all day long, I’m never tired, I sleep like a baby...I can’t tell you enough how the blueprint changed my life.

I feel like an alien compared to all the people out there that abuse the human body with garbage food. I am not going to lie, over the course of the year I tried the vegetarian and even vegan thing and it just didn’t work. I always came back to the blueprint. Even recently I tried to add grains into my diet and I gained two pounds.

My work-out
    Low level stuff keeping busy so this is really where I made a huge change and was very surprised at the outcome. VERY SURPRISED! Rather than do the traditional workout where I was slamming protein drinks and working hard trying to be the macho man at the gym lifting heavy weights in the wrong posture completing 3 sets of 8-10 reps I took it slow like the blueprint advises. I have to admit I was scared thinking no way this will work but sure enough! I started to do low weights, single sets of 10 reps and I work the entire body (except core) 3 days per week. So on mon/wed/fri I work chest/arms/shoulders/back/legs and calves and then do 40 min cardio low level low pace. On tues/thurs I work my core for 30 minutes and then same cardio. On Saturday I go to san Francisco and get some sun and play. I play at a different park every Saturday to switch it up.

otzi - i noticed i missed a question. the love handles were hard, the six pack was hard but it did come off when i started IF regularly. sometimes the pictures even blow me away!
    Last edited by jaysond; 05-25-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Dang it was still cold and windy in SF last week where I was at. Must have been a bit nipply
    i dont know about last week. it was fine at the festival on saturday! it was in little siagon and the weather was great!

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Maybe another tatoo, too
    honestly i was thinking about getting the primal guy, the one that is in the avatars. really? can i get a dare you???? LOL i should ask mark first, is it his logo?

otzi Guest
    That would be a cool tatoo--but I'm sure you're too chicken to do it!

Hey, quick question about your diet...you said you eat only healthy fats and lean protein. Did you stay away from fattier cuts of meat mostly and use olive oil or something for fat? I hate to sound like a dweeb, but do you know about what percentage your carbs/prot/fat were when you were losing actively?

I feel like I am almost there--just have hit a hard roadblock in the last 10lbs. I think I'm exercising right and eating right, but every now and then I think I could do a little more to get down under 15% body fat.

I'm 44 and had the same issues as you, been going at PB hard for 5 months and made huge gains, just want to see it through and know it takes time. There is so much information out there about how to do it, but getting advice from somebody who is there as opposed to somebody who is still trying makes a world of difference.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast