Thread: Feeling overly full.. page

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member

Feeling overly full..

I seem to be having a problem with bloating and feeling overly full most of the time after I eat. I do a daily 17-18 hour Leangains style fast and keep my calories in the 1400-1700 range for weight loss purposes. I usually eat 3 times during the feeding window, but I'm finding when I do this I feel like I'm stuffing myself...I was wondering if maybe subbing a primal protein shake for one of the meals would help get my fats and protein in because it's hard to even come close to 1400 cals without feeling bloated. I have eliminated dairy and foods that give me problems so I don't think that is an issue...it just feels like too much food for some reason! But I need it because I train 6 days/week average so I don't want to go too low on calories..anyone else have trouble with this?
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    If you're trying to eat 1700 calories worth of healthy food in a six hour window, it seems pretty obvious to me that you're going to feel completely stuffed. Are you open to modifying your IF window? If you are training six days a week then fasting isn't necessarily something you need to do so consistently...

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    it could be anything from hormones to talking while you eat, really! i go out of my way to eat mostly anti-bloating (for the term at hand) foods and i put fresh ground turmeric and cayenne pepper in my eggs everyday. just to be clear are you wanting to not feel full or not be bloated? to me, there is a difference. oh and are you drinking enough water? that helps! ALOT! drink water alot if your training that much!

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    @secretlobster: I may just have to modify it...I just got so excited reading about the benefits of IF I've been trying to get at least 16 hours of fasting time. I guess it doesn't help if I'm feeling like crap anyway though :/

@jaysondecambra: I tend to get bloated veryyyy easily...but they seem to go hand in hand with me, if I'm feeling "full" i'm usually bloated but if I'm hungry I'm not bloated. I use cayenne sometimes but maybe I'll try it and the turmeric in my eggs and up my water intake...they speed digestion right?
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Turmeric and cayenne is said to be Anti-inflammatory. i only use 1TSP each. great question but i dont think anyone can tell you why you get bloated just give advice if you know what i mean. hope anything i say helps. no matter what anybody says WATER is by all means the main component of metabolism! try ice cold water! water needs to be 70 degrees to be digested so your metabolism speeds up to heat the water!
    Last edited by jaysond; 05-24-2011 at 04:23 PM.