Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped abs page

elektro is offline Member

Ripped abs

Primal Fuel
    I've been on this for about 4 months so far. I lost about 30lbs, while maintaining my muscle mass so I'm overall very happy with my results so far. But now I've pretty much appear to have stabilized and still have some flab in my stomach. Though not really visible, you can definitely feel it. I'm happy with my current weight, but would like to get more cut, specifically I'd like to trim more of my belly fat and eventually have visible abs without losing muscle. What foods and/or supplements should I put emphasis on, and also which ones should I avoid in order to get those ripped abs? How much of a role will exercise play in this? Any tips?
    Thanks!

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    in my opinion you wont start to see those bad boys until you get to a low bodyfat percentage. i work my core everyother day (that works for me, might not work for everyone) and i didnt start to see them until i hit 11% bodyfat. you also might have loose skin hanging out. your core will always have a small amount of fat to protect organs but you can get ripped if you work hard enough. only advice i can give is eat primal.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    As jayson says.. Having ripped abs means your body has gotten rid of the very last of its fat stores, since the abdomen is where fat accumulates first. Some people get there more easily than others. For many of us, it means letting go of the concept of 80/20 and shooting for 100%, all of the time, taking carbs to an absolute minimum. At that point, exercise means almost nothing compared to diet.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Focus on getting plenty of protein and watch your carbs and fat intake by what ever means works for you. My abs started showing at around 10% or so I think. As you get in the single digit body fat percentages your abs start getting more and more defined. Six percent looks good in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend going lower than 5% without a really good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    As jayson says.. Having ripped abs means your body has gotten rid of the very last of its fat stores, since the abdomen is where fat accumulates first. Some people get there more easily than others. For many of us, it means letting go of the concept of 80/20 and shooting for 100%, all of the time, taking carbs to an absolute minimum. At that point, exercise means almost nothing compared to diet.
    dam this was said a lot better than me LOL. ya if you "dont have" ripped abs and want to have ripped abs you gotta kiss carbs goodbye. once your there you can maintain by watching them! i still stay under 100 grams per day!

I would tell you that I find that IF really helps me and that you should check out leangains.com and the leansaloon as a resource,..... but then if I did DFH would be in the thread telling you that not enough research on intermittent fasting has been done yet and that clearly IF people don't know what they are doing.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Am I the only one around here who wears a shirt 99% of my time in public? I don't really get the whole "abs" thing, myself. Sorry for being a gumpy gus, please ignore and carry on.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

In the voice of Matt Damon doing the impression of Matthew McConaughey..."We might get more girls if we take our shirts off".

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Am I the only one around here who wears a shirt 99% of my time in public? I don't really get the whole "abs" thing, myself. Sorry for being a gumpy gus, please ignore and carry on.
    is all commercial. as primal as i am i can also admit its just what us guys think that girls like. it makes us feel good or for someone like me who was over weight all my life i walk around now like im 10ft tall. its a goal for some people, its inspiration, its a lot of things.... to each his own but at the end of the day, most guys want a 6 pack because those guys believe that its what girls want to see, feel touch and kiss! (some guys ;oP

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I kinda disagree that carbs have to be low to get ripped. It works for some people, but for me personally, RAISING my carb intake post-workout worked better than anything else. I thought I was smarter than Martin Berkhan, but apprently I'm not, haha. Leangains works.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast