Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Ninja Warrior page

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member

American Ninja Warrior

Shop Now
    Was channel surfing and stumbled upon this show on the G4 network. It is a sick obstacle course and these guys are incredible athletes. Check it out.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I love the show, been watching it every year for several years. My ultimate fitness goal is to get on there and not embarass myself.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking about the competition in Japan that is broadcast in America?
    http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

Quote Originally Posted by tamo42 View Post
    Are you talking about the competition in Japan that is broadcast in America?
    Yeah, the Sasuke trials at Mt. Midoriyama.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I cannot believe that this has been going on for appx. 18 yrs and this is the first I have seen of it. I am hooked!! I also found the concept of "free running" pretty cool too. When I found the show it was a 3 hour marathon and I watched the whole thing much to my wifes bemusement, haha!!

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    Love the shows. American Ninja Warrior are the trials to select the 10 to go to Japan to compete in Sasuke (Ninja Warrior). ANW 3 is coming up this summer. It's on the G4 Channel.

me jane is offline Senior Member
    Love Ninja Warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by GUN5LING3R View Post
    Yeah, I cannot believe that this has been going on for appx. 18 yrs and this is the first I have seen of it. I am hooked!! I also found the concept of "free running" pretty cool too. When I found the show it was a 3 hour marathon and I watched the whole thing much to my wifes bemusement, haha!!
    Not only the show, but the competition itself has global cult status. Caught onto this about 3 years ago. Last season the guy who won American Gladiator qualified to go to Japan but fell on the spinning turtle thing. All the other Americans were freerunners.

Quote Originally Posted by primalclubber View Post
    Love the shows. American Ninja Warrior are the trials to select the 10 to go to Japan to compete in Sasuke (Ninja Warrior). ANW 3 is coming up this summer. It's on the G4 Channel.
    I wasn't too keen on ANW the first season. The courses and challenges they had were either much too simple or had nothing to do with the Sasuke trials. Has it gotten more reasonable?
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I wasn't too keen on ANW the first season. The courses and challenges they had were either much too simple or had nothing to do with the Sasuke trials. Has it gotten more reasonable?
    Didn't see the first season but the new trials duplicate many of the obstacles on Sasuke thru the first two stages. The top 15 then compete for the 10 spots in an elimination "boot camp," which includes a "cliffhanger" and rope climb. They're offering $500k to any competitor who conquers Mt Midoriyama, which will be daunting, since the new "Ultimate Cliffhanger" is totally insane, and no one's completed Stage 3 the last two seasons (Sasuke 25 and 26).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast