Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nut Fast anyone? page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I'm planning on doing a Survival Week style contest. My only rule is

- No nuts

As in no bingeing of nuts. If they are present in small amounts in salads, stirfries or other dishes, that's OK. But no eating of nuts for entertainment or out of boredom and no eating nut butter straight out of a jar until it's empty. I'm sure most of you eat a handful now and then are ok with it. This contest is for people like me who can't seem to control their nut intake. I'm thinking of doing it for a month. How about Nov 23rd - Dec 23rd? And we report our progress at the end of every week. In my case, the rest of my diet is not going to change. Want to join me?

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

I am definitely in. Last week I was doing really well with a can of roast almonds at work. I'd count them out, 11 at a time, and enter them into FitDay. I was good with them for the whole week. Then, I ended up having to go into work on Sunday. I was bored and lonely, and went to the store across the street and bought macadamia nuts. I started off okay, counted them and entered them into FitDay. Then, I kept having to go into FitDay and increase the quantity. End of story: I ate the whole 4.5 oz can! Over 900 calories! I was angry at myself and have declared myself on a nut fast already, so I may as well join in with you. Stalled my weight loss last week with that one blunder.

maba is offline Senior Member

That's the story of my life. I would walk up to the Rite Aid near my office to buy raw nuts but yesterday I got rancid roasted almonds from the vending machine - twice! That just did it for me.

TexTodd Guest

I was thinking about a nut and dairy fast, right after thanksgiving. Too funny!

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Maba, you're definitely suffering from nut addiction! LOL! Good luck on your nut fast!

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

@Sharonll

I know how you feel! But my version has a 1kg bag involved... 7,000cals~ half gone

Surprisingly I didn't gain, just wasn't losing for a day or two...

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

OMG, a 1kg bag? I feel better already! LOL!

62shelby Guest

ok, I m in....I wont be eating any nut products, including coconut flour, or nut milks, and no seeds either, and as I have most of a jar of sunflower seed butter in the cupboard the 23rd of Nov, works well.

Milo is offline Junior Member

I'm in. Moderate servings of nuts and fruit are for after weight loss. While I'm trying to lose weight I need to stick to meat/eggs/veg. I am however going to keep using coconut oil to cook with.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I'm not gonna do it because I'm pretty good at moderating my nut intake (hehe)... but um... reading this post makes me want to go grab some cashews. yum!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast