Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: man....you know what, I decided f*ck coffee... page

milkycereal is offline Banned

man....you know what, I decided f*ck coffee...

Primal Fuel
    First off, I tend to rely on it to get me through the day. This isn't good because I feel like I might need that extra "push" because I don't eat enough. Since coffee gives you energy and supresses appetite, I think its actually the cause of my bi-weekly bing. Too much of a calorie deficit.

In fact i'm almost positive this is whats up.

Also, when I come down from the buzz, I get cranky and hungry, like my blood sugar crashes....i'm not sure if that's what's happening but it sure feels that way.

I think it's throwing my body outta wack and i'm better off without it. I decided today that i've had my last cup.

I've found that when I stick to primal foods only, and I just listen to my body, I actually give my body exactly what it needs. And when I do add up the calories at the end of the day, it's never too high a number at all...it's actually usually right on the money, sometimes way less...so fuck counting calories too. I just follow my protein.

I'm also taking Muay Thai now, so my activity levels are way up now. This combined with a diet of only whole foods and i'm on my way to being one lean and healthy motherfudger.

It took a while, but I've realized that when your only eating whole foods as close to natural as they can get (even nuts must be shelled or I overeat em) it's really easy to listen to your body and not over-eat.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I had a major coffee addiction too. My caffeine/coffee withdrawals was way worse than the "carb flu". But I am thankful that I quit cold turkey. Every now and then I may have some good quality organic decaf coffee but I use it as a reason to get in more heavy cream lol.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

evilbeaver is offline Junior Member
    I stopped drinking it at home, I only buy it while Im in a cafe or something, this has lowered my intake a lot
    A little love and affection in everything you do

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Good for you. I'm always surprised at how tolerated coffee addiction is around here.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    I'm addicted to decaf.

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    I make one BIG cup (17oz) in my French press each morning and that's it. I find the amount of labor required for that (grind the beans, boil the water, steep and time the brew) moderates my consumption nicely. I don't find myself drinking it out of boredom throughout the day.

Point of reference- I used to be a MASSIVE diet pop/caffeine addict. Went cold turkey a few years back, and it was a miserable week. After the detox, I reintroduced it, but only before 2pm.

My sleep was much better for it.

Sambo is offline Member
    I don't see the need to go cold turkey. You can try to enjoy it for its taste first, and energy second. Of course I don't know what your coffee habits are, but can I suggest buy good quality beans (not from supermarket), grind them yourself, smell them, sample different beans from around the world every time you buy more, enjoy the taste and variety, use a time-consuming brewing method (eg Bialetti-type stove top pot).

I drink 1-2 most days, addicted I suppose, but I don't feel the 'need' for it to get out of bed, no noticeable effects, I just enjoy it. The big change for me was that I try not to buy milk-based coffees from cafes since 'going primal'.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Much to my surprise (and dismay) my autoimmune related fatigue is dramatically improved when I give up all coffee. I was only drinking decaf - but I did 30 days without it and felt better than ever, added it back and the fatigue returned. Bummer. It is quite surprising to me how hard it is to give up - even the decaf.

I've been trying to read about coffee a bit more - I was interested to see if they contained a lot of lectins or something else that could explain it. I haven't found anything concrete, but I guess it's not as benign as I thought.

primalfamily is offline Member
    I have also given up coffee for last 3 month and only just started back up , just on weekend (12 oz each day) during this time, I've lost 40lb and easily controlled my caloric intake . (I mesaured for about 45days before quitting, as I tend to eat similiar amount and could estimate easily enough without it) some days when I am really tired, the coffee smells good, but it does affect my sleep pattern sometimes. I can take it or leave it though I love the smell LOL. otherwise, i don't think it affects me badly.

TerpsPwn_387 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I used to drink about 2 coffee's and 2 lo-carb monsters a day before starting this diet. I was definitely addicted and would have about 4 crashes a day.

Now I just have one big cup in the morning with 1/3 cup coconut milk and some stevia. It is my dessert for the day. This gives me a lot of energy for a workout a little later.

I think coffee is fine as long as you can control it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast