Thread: ate junkfood for the first time in months guess what happened? page

evilbeaver is offline Junior Member

ate junkfood for the first time in months guess what happened?

Primal Fuel
    Welll, Im in collage and we have our finals now so i was up burning the midnight oil and the cravings got to me.

I made som bad decisions, went to Mcd had some burgers and Mcflurry!!
    Then went over to the gas station bought som redbull and a Load of candy...
    My thinking was "If Im gonna break a good habit Im gonna break it big time!"

...Well shouldnt have done that for the last 36 hours or so, my stomache has been crazy!
    Ive had severe diarra, SEVERE, and felt nautious..
    At first i suspected food poisoning but then i thought that maybe my body has adapted to the right way of living and as soon as I went back to my old ways it went berserk!

Have you experienced similar results from quiting paleo and going Mister Mcburger?
    A little love and affection in everything you do

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    All I had was a friggin' burger bun last night, and I was feeling it until this afternoon.

sigh
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

BreeKN is offline Member
    Yes! That always happens when I stray...I have strayed less and less due to the horrible aftermath that occurs as a result of cheating. My junk-food now is dark chocolate and almond butter with apples. Just think of what you are doing to your body and then you begin to make better decisions.
    Cheers to LIFE!--Bree

www.sassyprimal.com

DKSABS is offline Member
    Yep, the same thing happened to me this weekend. I had a lot of family in town from all over the country for my daughter's high school graduation, and they rented a condo on the beach. I was planning to stick to the paleo diet the whole weekend, until I found out my 82 year old Grandma had brought one of her famous made-from-scratch chocolate cakes all the way from Arkansas for me and my Dad to enjoy. Then she made my favorite banana pudding with 'Nilla wafers while she was in town this weekend. I decided to enjoy the food and totally blew my diet for 3 days while they were all here. I paid for it dearly, though. My Dad and I went for a walk on the beach Friday (day 2 of 3 days of me breaking the diet), and we had walked 20 minutes away from the condo before turning around to head back. My stomach started cramping and diarrhea was building like crazy and the condo (and the nearest bathroom) was still 20 minutes away. When I finally got back to the ground floor bathrooms near the pool, I walked into the single ladies room, and there were 3 people in there changing clothes who had forgotten to lock the door. I was in such dire straights that I went ahead and went to the mens' room because I could not hold it another minute. In addition to the diarrhea, I've also had terrible reflux and my asthma got really bad and I'm coughing up mucous and have ugly black circles under my puffy eyes. My sinuses are also clogged. In addition, after losing 28.5 pounds since February, I regained 8 pounds in just 3 days of eating poorly, an obvious sign of major inflammation in my entire body. I got back on 100% Paleo all day yesterday and today and hope to feel better soon and hope to see the pounds drop back off.

evilbeaver is offline Junior Member
    wow! Its funny how the body adapts!
    Eating junkfood like this was something i did quite reguraly before, and now...Jesus!

Well I guess Im convinced that Primal is the way to go now
    A little love and affection in everything you do

Nanzi is offline Senior Member
    DKSABS, I had an experience with almost the same thing with NASCAR weekend 2 weeks ago. DH & I both 'indulged' in much non paleo/primal/smart eating for 2 meals only. On Monday, neither of us could get out of our own way, just felt totally beat and beaten down!! And we didn't even go to the race, too much hassle, haven't gone for years. Instead we cooked a pulled pork roast and 4 racks of ribs on our smoker for the gatherings after the races.
    The aftermath showed I had gained back 5 lbs, and I waited several days of eating primal before I weighed. Interestingly enough, that day I started peeing like crazy and was down that 5 lbs by the next day. And was feeling a little more like the Primal me each day. I have had 2 other instances where I ate non primal and was sick with bloated gut and felt terrible for 2 or 3 days.
    It is an amazing thing that our bodies will tell us 'Hey, Cut that Out!'. It has sure made me more careful. Something I will need to remember June 4th, and July 2nd, 2 more celebratory outdoor gatherings. Knowing these hosts, makes me sure there will be things there that we can eat, and stay true to ourselves.
    Thanks for sharing your 20%'s, and the uncomfortable repercussions. It makes us all stronger and more determined to do it right and feel well.

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    you are what you eat. you ate crap and you feel like crap. dont beat yourself up over it. dust yourself off and get back up and finish college and good luck on your tests!

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by BreeKN View Post
    My junk-food now is dark chocolate and almond butter with apples.
    try a tab bit of fresh ground cinnimon on that apple with almond butter ;o)